Suppose The Titans win it all? (Collins question)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

would you pay Tim Tebow 58 mil to learn how to play QB in the NFL?

and yes, you can look directly at his 9td/17INT ratio as an important stat, because it happened. If it was some kind of hypothetical projection it would be irrelevant, but it is not because the one thing it has blatantly proved is that VY can not take care of the football. Like a teenager who just got his license, do you want him to drive a POS car for the first 2-4 years while he learns the ins/outs of the road, or would you let him drive your new Benz? KMFC has shown that he takes better care of the car than VY did, and the car seems to run a bit more efficient.

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Comparing a 13+ year vet to a 3rd year guy? In which the 3rd year guy only played 1 game this year...how does that make any sense. Of course Collins should be doing better than Vince, that was just a dumb statement to make. If you are reading what I wrote, you'd see that this years offensive team is far better than it was last year....if you dont believe that our Oline is better and the addition of CJ, maybe even Crumpler for his blocking abilities, throw in even Carr for his special teams, has made this offensive team better than the disgrace it was in 07....then I dont see how you can justify that im not a fan and just a vince homer.

But if you honestly believe that Vince's 9-17 last year was just on him, and not because we had no offensive game/utilities at all(Add in Norm Chow's horrible plays)...that pretty much tells me, you were just looking at Vince being bad and not at the offensive team as a whole. Or do I need to remind you what we had at our offensive positions?

And I truly hope you arent saying the offensive team last year was a Benz, cause it was more like Vince was driving a 89 buick.

By the way since you pointed out Collins and are praising him, lets remember that this is the same Collins from Carolina, 5th overall pick, did well his first 2 years and then fell on his face his third 11 TD's - 21 INT's.....and also had huge, even worse than Vince's off the field issues....or 8 months of rehab, quitting on his team, not sound familiar??

Pretty funny to knock one guy for his career so far, but praise a vet that started his career the same exact way, even worse....but maybe its just me being a :homer: i guess

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

So why are you Btiching? everything after that statement needs not be read. You just ruined your own argument. Thank you for agreeing with me about giving KMFC the keys to the Benz as opposed to VY.:ha:

4. titans4life10

Obviously if you read it, you wouldnt be blind or ignorant to the fact your praising someone that has done the samething in his career, or to the fact that your comparing ones stats to a completely different offensive team this year.

The fact that you think the offense is even a Benz makes it even worse...where in my arguement does it say Vince in his 3rd year would be better than Collins in his 13th?

Sorry if im a little more realistic, and can generally admit that this team offensively, especially in the run game and red zone, is far better than what it was last year.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pennington would be an interesting option. He only signed for 1 year with the Fins. He'd be a lot more expensive than Kerry though.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Please point to my post and inform me when I called you a homer? I have short-term memory loss.

If you are suggesting VY did not throw 7tds/19int last year, then I'm just speechless.

Please quit bringing up 10+ years ago, KFC was a different player, as VY will be in 10, it has no relevance on this year. VY's time will come, but it needs to be a couple years later:irked:

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Saying it was a Benz was just an analogy. Figurative language.

8. titans4life10

Then explain to me how you can even promote comparing what Collins has done this year and compare to what Vince did last year???

And your right Vince made those throws, INT's dont come from any one but the QB or if idiot WR's bobble the ball up, but if he is running the team we have this year does he throw 17 ints? You dont know....

if you read what I wrote, it says Vince is a project....im trying to end this arguement now cause its pointless cause no one will ever know what Vince would have done this year. But like you said VY's time will come, IN A COUPLE YEARS, his bad season was in his 2nd year, maybe one he shouldnt of even been playing....or is the new rule everyone has to be a Brady or a Matt Ryan in their first year now and beyond?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It pretty much is, with the amount of money they're getting right off the bat...

10. titans4life10

Now that I wholeheartedly agree with....and we are not the only team having a QB getting paid BIG money, sitting on the bench behind a Vet, or even worse guys drafted in later years.

Who do you knock for these guys getting paid big and not even on the field or producing, the Players fault, and in VY's case needs more development, guys like Alex Smith who never produced, Leinart for who knows what reasons he cant succeed in AZ.......or is it the NFL's fault for throwing these huge contracts out to these rookies? Im all for the NFL changing the rookie pay scale, like most vets want.

And even though I dont see it happening, "what if" Ryan or Flacco takes a step back next year and puts up numbers like Vince did....then what do you say? Its the NFL, anything can happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar