Support VY thread, even through the hard times

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

Titanspride has ruined the name to pride. I just want to make a thread about how VY is our man, and how putting KFC would be a mistake. If your a real fan you would understand that VY's record is great and he is our best option at QB. Titanpride makes me sick on this forum and he needs to find something else to "state the obvious about" but i want to hear only VY supporters on here, cuz as a fan of a 6-2 titans team i dont want to hear the negative, do you think colts and patriots fans do this when they win. probably not. Why do we do it. I want to only hear praises about VY and these titans on here....others negative crap should not be allowed about our team

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because we need another thread on the subject...

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wait, we have another thread on Vince Young?

Doesn't the opening post qualify as calling out someone else? I guess making someone sick isn't a personal insult, but it's not far.

4. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

VY vs The Haters (at least take a look)

Lets take a global look at this
    The truth to the vince young vs kerry collins
    All these are from when kerry collins has been a full time QB

Vince Young..................................Kerry Collins
    13-5 record...................................94-105 record
    72 winning%.......................... 46 winning %
    1 probowl (1 total year)...................1 probowl (13 seasons)
    51.5 completion % (rookie)............... 49.4 completion % (rookie)
    61.6 completion % (2nd yr)............... 56 completion % (2nd yr)
    16 TO rookie year...........................26 TO rookie year
    19 total TD rookie year....................17 total TD rookie year
    66.7 rating as a rookie ...................... 61.6 QB rating as rookie
    717 yards rushing total(2 seasons).........625 yards rushing in career (13 seasons)
    9 career rushing TDs.........................9 career rushing TDs
    2100 yards passing as rookie...............2700 yards passing as rookie

WEAPONS
    VY ..................................... Kerry Collins
    Eric Moulds ...........................Mushin Muhammad
    Drew Bennet .........................Ike Hillard
    Travis Henry..........................Tiki Barber
    LenDale White........................Joe Jerivicous
    Bobby Wade.........................Amani Toomer
    Brandon Jones......................Ron Dayne
    Roydell Williams.....................David Patten
    Bo Scaife.............................Jermey Shockey
    Kerry collins as backup.............Rich Gannon as backup
    ..........................................Tyrone Weatly
    ..........................................Jerry Rice
    .......................................... Jerry Porter
    .......................................... Lamont Jordan
    ........................................... Randy Moss

Other INFO

Both won maxwell and obrien awards in college and the national championship
    led team to undefeated seasons

ROY.....................................Expansion team QB

Even though both have similarites, look at the differences. VY is defently the better player now, and looking to the future. Look at kerrys weapons, give VY jerry rice and randy moss and i bet he will complete some passes and get some TD's and who ever contridicts this is stupid....but yeah VY all the way

I just wanted to actually prove to the "haters" that VY is our best choice and we are better with him, and we are winning. And there is a reason we gave a nick name to kerry collins....Kerry "F" Collins
    If anyone has any problem with having young as our QB for the next ten years should defently change teams cuz im sick of hearing the VY bashing, so i just want to say can we as fans have some fun and enjoy this winning season we are having instead of looking at all the negative....this just solidifies the point that VY is our man...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

these threads are getting dumber by the day.

he's not playing well. the entire offense isn't playing well.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd appreciate it if you could stop creating new Young rah-rah threads and just use this one.

Though his numbers may be better, the Titans would be 2-6 right now if it wasn't for the defense he has along with a decent running game. He's not playing well enough to shoulder the offense and be successful with it.

Fans should be happy the Titans can afford the luxury of bringing him along slowly. It'll hopefully pay off in the long run.

7. teegee

teegee Guest

I love how WhiteVick complains about another poster criticizing Young, then turns around and not only bashes that poster but feels the need to take potshots at Collins as well. Isn't that hypocritical?

I don't see why so many are making this a big issue. Why can't someone support the Titans and support VY, but still point out that he isn't anywhere near a finished product as a player and is struggling right now? Very few 2nd year QBs ARE polished players, and most have more than their share of ups and downs as they try to learn how to play QB in the NFL. Some get through them and go on to fine careers, while others continue to struggle and eventually get benched or end up out of the league. All indications are that VY is going to have a very good, perhaps even great, career. But that doesn't mean fans of the Titans should simply turn a blind eye when he isn't playing well. The other players on the team don't get that consideration, so why should the QB? I'm a big believer of the theory that the QB gets too much blame when a team loses and too much praise when it wins. This is still a TEAM game after all. But that doesn't mean fans should have to bite their tongues in order to prove they are "true" supporters of their team

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

How long do we have to pretend that VY is an NFL QB? What is the time frame?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He's already gone past nfl qb. He is a pro bowl qb.

10. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

A pro bowl QB who only had 2 touchdown passes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar