Supplemental Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by smili, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah didn't you hear, we're low on runningbacks... :lol:

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Here's a good breakdown of the top four guys out there.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/supdraft06free.php

I like the part on Jason Berryman where he punches a guy in the face for no reason then steals his cell phone so he can't call the police. The police DO come and he denies the theft until they call the number and the phone starts ringing in his pocket! What a jackass!

3. Dangermode

I kind of think we should use a pick now on the supplemental for the sole reason that we'll be selecting third in each round, ahead of Miami and Green Bay, where as next year the same pick will be dead last in each round having just won the Super Bowl. So you see it kinda makes sense to use it now.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we lose the pick though. And Brooks will go around 3rd or so. We need the 3rd.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

heh.. i like your thoughts.

but...
    i think that the supplemental draft works differently. i thought it was like a lottery. every team submits their picks.... say you have three teams with a 4th rounder for brooks... then they kinda flip for it... or draw a name out of a hat so to speak.

i could be completely wrong here but thats what i remember reading last year when we were talking about the supplemental draft

6. smili

smili Starter

Dangermode, thanks for the link. Dixon actually sounds like the upside potential guy that Reese likes to take a shot on. Maybe a late round pick? I'd think the character issues on Brooks and Berryman keep us away. I don't see where the Texas fullback fits in given our crowded backfield already.

7. Dangermode

This is what the Wikipidia says about the Supplemental Draft:

Supplemental Draft:
    In late summer, the NFL also holds a Supplemental Draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft because they thought they still had academic eligibility to play college football. The supplemental draft maintains the same team order from the regular draft, with the team with the worst record in the previous season picking first. However, in the supplemental draft, a team is not required to use any picks. Instead, if a team wants a player in the supplemental draft, they submit a "bid" to the Commissioner with the round they would pick that player. If no other team places a bid on that player at an earlier spot, the team is awarded the player and has to give up an equivalent pick in the following year's draft. (For example, RB Tony Hollings was taken by the Houston Texans in the second round of the Supplemental Draft in 2003. Thus in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Texans forfeited a second-round pick).

While the Wikipidia is not always accurate, I do know that Cleveland traded up in the 1985 Supplemental to get Bernie Kosar which would not be possible in a "Lottery" situation. Of course, I could be totally wrong on all accounts.:brow:

8. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

But we have only one fullback.:lol:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

bo scaife would be more than passable at fullback

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

what if we have a TE and Troy Fleming down, then what do we do.

well i wouldn't mind seing Guenther.:greedy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar