Supplemental Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by smili, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

I saw this on Yahoo re: the supplemental draft. Some may be interested

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-supplemental062206&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

excerpt:
    Virginia linebacker Ahmad Brooks, Texas fullback Ahmard Hall, Iowa State defensive end/linebacker Jason Berryman and Hutchinson (Kan.) Junior College linebacker Dave Dixon have gained entry to the NFL supplemental draft on July 13, according to the league's player personnel office.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A Juco player, that's ambitious.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've heard of dixon before.

"Regarded as the premier junior college linebacker in the country in 2004, Dixon joined the work force in 2005 and did not play football. He originally planned to enroll at Kansas State in 2006, but decided to declare for the NFL Draft instead. Few athletes in the draft possess the athletic ability Dixon displays -- running a 4.42-second 40-yard dash, with a 44-inch vertical jump, 49-inch triple jump and a 465-pound bench press. That leaping ability was evident as he blocked ten kicks in two seasons in the junior college ranks."

"He led the junior college ranks with 161 tackles (112 solos) and set school and conference single-season records with 43 stops behind the line of scrimmage. He blocked five kicks, caused four fumbles and intercepted two passes while recording 8.5 sacks. He gained 81 yards on three punt returns (27.0 avg) and 306 yards on eleven kickoff returns (27.8 avg)."

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/draft/2006/biosdetail.aspx?fname=David&lname=Dixon&pos=LB

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

That guy is insane! A linebacker that does all that and still manages to return kicks and punts?

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd say this guy would have a better chance of making our roster than say Spencer Toone, for instance. I might offer a 5th for this guy. Probably a much better prospect for us than Ahmad Brooks. What do we have, 8 LBs right now? I'd consider taking this kid perhaps, and dropping Toone and Spencer/Reynolds if necessary. We'd have tremendous speed/depth between Bulluck/Thornton and Nande/Dixon.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Sounds like Dixon could also back up the middle or outside with his size/speed, not to mention contribute significantly on special teams. Yeah, I might take a chance on this kid.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Yeah, but those ARE JUCO stats too. if you are that good, a big time college team will find a way to get you on the field. There must be something else going on.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, academic trouble and he was going to work then go to another school. Instead of going to another school, he's entering the supplemental draft.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

I wouldnt mind seeing the Titans draft Toone with the 5th "round"
    Bulluck, Sirmon, Thorton with Dixon, Nande, and Tulluch backing up. Wow, young and fast.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

From Yahoo Sports

Ex-Texas fullback Ahmard Hall worked out in front of scouts from the Packers and Tennessee Titans inside the Longhorns' practice bubble on Thursday. Hall, who had previously impressed scouts at the school's pro day in late March, decided to stick with those results and not risk possible injury, but he did catch passes after measuring in at 5-10 and 236 pounds.

Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar