Superbowl in the Snow?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You know that contingency plan is in place for every Super Bowl, right?

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Sure, but there has never been a need for it when the game is played in a Dome or nice weather out in FL or CA. The NFL KNEW NY/NJ has bad weather in Feb. Yet they scheduled the game anyway. Its not enough to make them play on a neutral site miles and miles away from both these teams home fans, spend THOUSANDS of dollars, take time off work, but now they are making everyone change their plans to be able to watch the game.

All of this could have been prevented if they simply used their brains - "That lumb 3 ft above your a$$"

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

If it is windy, snowy and cold and the Broncos lose get ready for the excuse books to come out for Peyton Manning.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Denver is cold and snowy though

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

But how often has Peyton played in it. You watch, the excuses will be flying. The NFL already once changed the rules to make things easier for Peyton. If bad weather "costs Peyton a Super Bowl" then the game will never again be played in a cold climate outdoor stadium.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I've never been a fan of bad weather games. To me football is game of skill and athleticism. I feel that bad weather takes away from it. To me it's just not fun to watch a receiver plant his foot to enter his break and then bust his ass because he slipped. It takes away from the game to me. I like a nice dry, temperate climate where both teams are at their absolute best and the weather doesn't exist as a gimmick to introduce randomness.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The players aren't worried about the weather, they've been playing the game outside since they first began playing.
    It's the corporate wussies that don't want to sit outside in the cold at 10,000 + dollars a seat...

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

See, to me that's BASKETBALL.
    Football is a game of brawn, might and will, battleing against another team and the elements, like war.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. Though weather is part of the game, I want to see the outcome determined by the players and not the conditions.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

u c?

Those lil punks don't wanna play in snow? I don't give a f*ck.

59-0

Let all of them play in the snow. Fk both of them. Actually, FK EVERYONE. AND THE PATS ESPECIALLY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar