Superbowl in the Snow?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep.

That's what's great about football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's been -12 to -20 with a windchill of -30ish for the past 2 weeks here! (London, Ontario area)

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well the Super Bowl is supposed to be an "even" playing ground.. too much randomness can happen in bad weather.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I love to watch bad weather football from the comfort of my 72 degree living room.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/super-bowl-2014-nfl-suggests-winter-weather-force-21649846

Snow & Weather could force game to CHANGE DATES!!! Game could be played on Friday, Sat or Monday!! I took off work but have to work at my 2nd job on Sat. And I dont have Tues off if the game is on Monday. Plus what about the majority of people that have to work Monday. They would miss the game. ALL Because the NFL had to do a game in a northern outdoor stadium.

All you weather hungry guys are forgetting the Super Bowl is not just another game. There are more people there than any other game. Plus there are more cameras, satellites, equipment, performers. If its too cold or too much snow, they can't get all the equipment in and out, plus it wouldnt work well in those kind of elements. For some reason the NFL didnt think about any of this, and its gonna bite them in the a$$

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

NFL ASKED FOR IT!!!

You would literally have to PAY ME to go to this Super Bowl. NO way I'm paying thousands per ticket to see Bruno Mars and RHCP in 0 degree weather, and possibly a blizzard. NFL is retarded. It's just a football game.. and NYC is the dumbest spot for an outdoor Super Bowl in February.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Couldnt agree more. You would think the Super Bowl was new like back when it first started and they didnt realize the mess the created by having it up north outdoors in Feb

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I dont think snowy conditions impact today's satellites at all. But IDK for sure, but my DTV dish worked fine in snow.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Out here snow doesn't even stick to the roads til 3-4 hours into the storms. They have trucks that go around every road and spray some blue solution on them, it seems to really work.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, well it's not like the Colts didn't win a Super Bowl against the Bears in a monsoon in Miami.

If the game is played outside bad weather is a possibility.

And let's be honest, the team with the better record should have home field advantage. I'll never understand why football is the only sport that has it's championship game played at a neutral site.(other than money)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar