Pre-Game Thread Super Bowl XLVIII

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Who wins and by how much?

Poll closed Feb 2, 2014.
  1. Broncos by 1-3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Broncos by 4-6

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Broncos by 7-9

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. Broncos by 10-13

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Broncos by 14-17

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Broncos by 18 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Seahawks by 1-3

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  8. Seahawks by 4-6

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Seahawks by 7-9

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Seahawks by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Seahawks by 14-17

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. Seahawks by 18 or more

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

That man alone did a better job at stopping the Seahawks than the entire Bronco's defense.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Wow.. A 9/11 truther??? Over a decade late to the party, I see.

Glad this guy could enlighten us. Surely none of us have ever heard that 9/11 was an inside job 12 years ago or so.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL....that puts a punctuation point on the New York "experience" for this game. 90 minutes to board a train, people passing out at the train station, the whole world gasping for a week about the potential for.....shriek!!....20 degree weather and snow for a football game, only to have a late October weather day (in the Midwest, anyway), etc....etc....

Just pathetic.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was in that boat too. After having worn out the mantra "Peyton Manning always chokes in the big game" from the time I first watched him choke against the Gators back in 96 (didn't he throw something like 5 interceptions in the first half of that game or something?), I was actually hopeful that his recovery from the neck injury had cleared him of this problem....oh how I was wrong.

That said, he had plenty of help. The Thomas "bread loaf" fumble, the atrocious kickoff coverage by the ST during that pop up kick turned into TD, and the D's attempt to imitate a pin ball machine during the Kearse TD catch were just plain painful to watch. It looked to me like the Broncos quit after the Harvin kickoff return.

I hate to admit this, but after the Kearse TD I looked at the clock (8 PM central time), and looked at my wife (who is not a football fan), then, realizing that a new episode of "Shameless" was about to begin, switched the channel to Showtime. First time in my adult life that I turned off a Super Bowl game before the final gun sounded. It was that bad IMO.

Kudos to the Seahawks though....they are really tough, and may be that way for a while.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Commercials are getting less funny/entertaining every year.

Needs more movie trailers these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

The question now is how many players will be, can be, looted off either team?

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I hate the (not) funny super bowl ads every year.. but these BS pandering to the troops, cancer funding, charitable deeds commercials really grate on me.. Anyone with a brain realizes that these companies are just trying to boost their image by associating themselves with these things.. and they are USING these things for their companies' benefit.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

+1 on the silly false patriotism from an organization that shirks taxes. Corporate welfare tax dodgers to the max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar