Super Bowl XLI Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, my first thought was, "Ok, he finally won the big game. Please retire now."

Wow, talk about a rough year. First the Gators, now the Colts. Ugh. Reminds me a quote my coach once told us.

"You can wander around in mediocrity as long as you want. But enemies wait at the top of the hill."

Definitely applicable in this situation. So who's ready to see Vince lead another amazing fourth quarter comeback next week? :)

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

This damage is gonna sit with me for... well, pretty much forever. I'll be over this intense funk by tomorrow, but nothing will take away the fact that these Colts did what our Titans could not. Indeed, there's always next year, geez I've got my whole lifetime to see the Titans win the Superbowl, but Peyton Manning will be Superbowl victor forevermore.
    Anyway, congrats Colts. The last three years were just a scarefest for me, first as they threaten to go 16-0, and by season's end, to see if they take the championship. Now, they've pulled it all together; and what better story? They won because their defence was alive when it mattered. They won even though the Bears showed what they were about in the first kickoff. They won, climbing over Steve McNair along the way. And they won, with Peyton Manning (incorrectly) titled Superbowl XLI MVP.
    No need now for me to cry foul when the most hated rivals take the championship, I know that as bitter as this result is, a Titans Superbowl victory will relieve all pain. After all, I'm a Titans fan first, Colts hater second. :)

Congratulations again to the Indianapolis Colts, who win, and, as evident in their playoff run, who deserved it.

3. Colts Suck

i dont know about everyone else but i am extremely pissed off after that game. after the past few years of constant losing to the colts the one thing i could always say was "at least manning hasnt won the big game...."
    now i cant even say that anymore and it makes me mad.

COLTS SUCK!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

These are the locations Vince will win his superbowls in:
    2008: Arizona
    2009: Tampa
    2010: Miami

5. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

And now we move on to the 2007 season.

Anyone else ready to start right now?

:woohoo:

You guys, the Jags, and perhaps even the Texans are all gonna be EXTRA tough. Defending the SB championship ain't gonna be easy, heck, this year's playoffs might end up being easier than winning next year's division.

Have a great off-season, see you in the Fall, and remember, hate is a nasty emotion that tends to boomerang. :beer2:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but you can now say you we beat them last

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sure
    ready to get a GM in check
    a draft dreams are made of
    and an injury free offseason / preseason

:))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar