Super Bowl LVII Score Predictions..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Feb 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

:scorebad::cuss::puke::disappointed:

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I honestly would think the energy of a playoff game is way more intense and has more energy than a SB. I get NFL London vibes during a SB, as it's just a bunch of neutral fans, celebrities, families of the players and company executives. The real deal fans get priced out of the SB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the reviewers require a "football move" that only occurs after a completed act of "possession" and it is tied to the concept of hitting a "defenseless" receiver. In this case, he had not completed the act of securing the ball before a football move started. At the game, the replays showed it really was not a possession before he started a "football move". He was actually trying to avoid getting clocked.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

I have to say, it really isn't my scene. Very casual fans taking millions of selfies, wannabe internet celebrities, ridiculously high priced everything. During the game, nobody around me knew much (if anything) about the rules. And nobody was really bothered about the holding call at the end when it had been happening all game.

The only way I'd ever go again is if the Titans make it. Problem is, to get a decent seat, you have to commit at the start of the season unless you have a connection with box seats at the stadium.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I thought he was pretty unexpecting of the hit.

I would make the argument on the rule, I think he 100% caught the ball and had possession but the rule adds the “process” which I agree, he got hit while in the process.
    That goes back to some of the more infamous “drops” like Dez Bryant of Calvin Johnson. Both were absolutely catches but because of the wording of the rule, gotta call them incomplete.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's too bad it takes away from a good defensive hit...hurts the defensive player for being too quick to the ball...which was also a football move

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

It is all because the rules of contact and QB protection have been altered to heavily promote scoring and offense. Casual fans of the game love good offense more than defense. (Basketball over "Soccer")

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

It’s still a good defensive play. He separated the ball from the receiver. That’s the objective.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

But he should have waited until the WR took 3 steps ;)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar