Sunday, January 7, 2001 or Saturday, January 10, 2009

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

We got bounced by the ratbirds in our first playoff game after having the NFL's best record two different times. Which surprised you most? Which hurt you more?
    For me, the Jan. 09 game was worse. Why you ask?

We were absolutely the best team in the NFL that year. The Ravens truly were completely outmatched. They couldn't handle CJ's speed at all. They scored one TD and it was a desperate (I'm about to get smashed) heave by Flacco to who else but Derrick Mason. It was Pure luck. Then you have the intentional injury to CJ. Yeah, I said it!!!! It was what it was, and it was nothing but a form of cheating!! Then, you have the play clock disaster by the officials.

Bottom line, in 2001-2002 the Ravens got really hot (especially on defense) toward the end of the season. We had the better overall season, but that defense was on fire come January!!! The Titans dominated the yardage stats in both games, but the Ravens earned that win in 2002 imo. In 2009, that was a different story. They cheated and lucked out so big they didn't even belong on the field with the Steelers that next week imo. They were clearly inferior to the Titans before, during, and after that game that year.

Am I bitter?

Yes I am.

Oh, I almost forgot.......................................................................

F*CK THE RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The 2001 loss to the Ravens was about the most painful loss ever for me. It really hurts more than the Superbowl, I truly think that was the year we should have and would have won it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

2009 shocked me the most. Flacco had 2 extra seconds on the play clock=BS.

and

January 7, 2001 still sticks with me. I haven't had a worse day than that since then. The Ratbirds earned their win that day.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Both are almost identical. No question we had the better team in both years, but the ball just didn't bounce our way in either game.

2009 was more frustrating for me because the pass to Heap shouldn't have happened and the two fumbles in the red zone were just killers. Just scoring on one of those drives would have won it. I remember a deep ball to Mason with Chris Hope falling down the whole way down the field and knowing if the the Ravens scored a TD on that drive there wasn't a way we'd win. :(

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

2009, but only because I wasn't nearly as big of a fan in 2001 as I am now. My NFL fandom only became serious in 2003ish.

2009 is the only time I have sat and stared at my television in disbelief. Those fumbles were so brutal.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Those losses sting so bad that I know the exact dates and immediately knew what this thread was about.

Had to give you an "it sucks" because talking about these games really pisses me off and brings the worst out in me.

They were equally bad IMO. Both Titans teams were the best in the league and totally outplayed those lucky thugs on both occasions - in every aspect of the game except the most important - scoreboard. I'd say 2009 was worse just because it is more recent and because I was way more into the team than I was back in 2000 when I was only 11. Keith Bulluck also said it was the worst loss of his career.

There were many factors in both losses, but I blame Al Del F**kface and the retarded zebras. The Ravens got extremely lucky in both games. In the 2001 game, we outgained them in yards by 180, setting an NFL playoff record (no one has ever outgained their opponent by that margin and lost). Then in 2009, we break our old record, outgaining those punks by 183 yards and losing.

F you Del Greco, F you refs, F you Fisher.

And last of all, f**k the Ravens! Burn in hell!!!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2001, I expected us to lose in 2009

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Awwwwwwww, man.. Why do you have to bring these days up?

Jan 7th 2001 was one of the worse days of my life. There is no doubt we would have beat Oakland and then beat the Kerry Collins Giants, if we would have beat the Ravens that day. The min we lost against the Ravens that year, was the day we lost our SB ring..

Again, why did you have to bring these games up? Worse days of my life, literally.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I had a horrible feeling, but still figured we'd win.

I remember when we locked up the 1 seed thinking there's only one team I don't want to play - the Ravens. If playoff seeding was actually logical we would've played the Chargers... No way we lose to that bum team that year. Fisher finally would've beaten them.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I thought we would've beat them in 2008.. Literally lost the feeling in my legs after the last play. Couldn't even function right at all after that defeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar