stupid bartender..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I was in NY last week, and while at the airport waiting for my connecting flight, i decided to hang out at the airport's sports bar to enjoy a beer and wings while waiting for my flight. I paid with my visa card which bears the Titans logo, and the bartender asked if i was a fan and i responded proudly with a "yes.. go titans.. woohoo".

He answered back "aren't they all in jail'.. (buthole. :moon2: No soup.. i mean tip for you), and i responded.."naah.. that would be the bengals"..

Got me thinking.. how bad of a rep do we really have. Whats with this publicity? Is there really no such thing as bad publicity. Paris hilton seems to be a bigger celebrity now than she was prior to being pwned in jail.

For as long as i can remember, the titans have always carried themselves to to a high level and were for the longest time classified as a 'classy organization' and almost 'boring' because of this.

Was pac really worth it. Will this reputation help get us some attention now. Will we no longer be ignored by the press. Is VY really responsible for the MNFs we have in 07, or was it all the attention and press we were getting which caused this.

Will this rep mean more rappers wearing Titans jersey's on BET. Is that good or bad.

Have we sold our souls to change our classification from 'classy and boring' to 'appealing and interesting'.

One has to wonder what the long term affects of the positive and negative publicity VY(+) and pacman(-) are causing us.

2. More primetime viewing...

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

In spite of Jones inability to stay out of trouble his story has been blown way out of proportion by the media.

Getting back to prime time as LazyMan mentions has to be a good thing.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Is your "?" key broken?

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The MNF matchup is because of the #2 and 3 draft picks. Networks are always looking for a grabber, and these two guys generate some interest. Hopefully by the time the game rolls around, Pac will be out of the spotlight, and it will be old news. Maybe his posse won't think he's so special now that he's not playing. He would be wise to hang on to what money he has left.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha: lmao.. nice
    no its working just fine. at first i had them with question marks but then decided it looked like a questionare which was not what the thread was supposed to be and instead was intended for members to expand on the topic instead of just answer the questions..

i removed the qestion marks but was too lazy to rephrase so left it as is..

thanks for being the grammer police tho.. :wink2:

[​IMG]

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, 98 Degrees used to wear our jersey. So take you pick. Thug rapper or boy band.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

ive seen some rappers repping our old #27 jersey. can't think of any names off the top of my head tho.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Don't worry, they would've been assumed to be rhetorical. You don't really think we're industrious enough to answer them all, do you?

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

back in college i remember watching MTV spring break and they had either backstreet boys or insynk .. one of the two gay bay bands and someone was wearing #9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar