Strengths of this draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bobo, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd say DE and WR.

I think we'd all agree on a RDE being a good pickup. Big question as to whether or not one is there in the 2nd that's still a likely upgrade over LaBoy/Odom. I lean more toward DE at 19, but wonder if things are still good for the position a little later (maybe even after a 2004-ish type trade down).

The WR debate could go on for ages (well pages already), but I don't see how anyone could say the position is not a strength of this draft. Let's say Bennett leaves, then I think we have to look hard at drafting a guy. Don't see much to pick from in free agency.

I don't know about S depth, but the top end looks good. Maybe we don't have the luxury of waiting on this position, but we could get a good upgrade early. But my problem with this position is more about our strengths....well what we should hope to be a strength. I'd be shocked if Fuller or Lowry couldn't already be a solid upgrade.

Still just lots of hypotheticals, but it seems we have some strengths to work with in this draft for positions of need.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

S, DE, CB, and WR...

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Because many of the top off tackles are projected to be guards on the next level I would say that Offensive Guard is pretty deep as well.

4. safety, wr and de are biggest needs, i dont see how cb is that deep in this draft...

5. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Best:
    S (Maybe the best safety draft ever)
    DE (great depth; top end is average)
    WR (one total stud; great depth)

Good:
    OG (good depth; no top end)
    DT (good depth; average top end)

Bad:
    LB (One stud; half decent depth)
    CB (No top end at all; pretty decent depth)
    RB (If Peterson is healthy; it's a decent draft)

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

S, WR, pretty much the whole defense except CB.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

this draft doesn't have any elite CB's, but depth-wise it has some pretty good one's-

Hall
    McCauley
    Revis
    Hughes
    Houston
    Wilson
    Bennett

...just to name a few

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar