Strahan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Greenlawler, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Okay I am not sure if anyone has posted this, sorry if they have.

Before all you "the Titans can't get everybody" dudes post, let me explain.
    We have a ton of cap room we loose if we do not spend. What if we offered the Giants a two (were already perinnialy one of the youngest teams in the league these days) and a player or two for Strahan? I know it sounds crazy but we need an end! Maybe a one or two year deal? The longer he sits out the more likely a team swoops in and gets him for draft picks. I would hate to see the Broncos who always seem to pull this off suceed in doing this.
    I know it sounds crazy Strahan a Titan but come on we went after Carter, and if the Giants don't resign him someone will get him. We could sure use him.

2. Hes too old for my tastses. Hes going to be done in 2-3 years.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

I wouldn't have a problem overpaying for someone like Strahan....that just takes up cap space in a year where cap space isn't a problem. I might even throw in a second-day pick if I was reasonably sure he'd play more than a year.

But no way would I give up a first-day pick that could benefit the team for 5-10 years, just to have a declining Strahan for a year or two.

Personally, I'd take Jason Taylor over Strahan....and I'm not sure I'd give up a first-day pick for Taylor.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I would give a two for him in a "NY minute" pardon the pun.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not a first day pick for Strahan. He'll probaly only play one more year. I would like to have him on the team though.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Strahan is just doing the old veteran trick of missing camp. After 14 years, most just get burned out doing it. I suspect he will be suited up for the first game.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we get him I think he should start on the bench until he knows the system.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It seems a little more heated then that considering how he has reacted to the media.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

BOOOO! to Strahan! Leave him in New York or sitting at home. He would be terrible for the locker room. He is going through a nasty divorce. What is he sitting out for is not to avoid training camp? The Giant's aren't going to give a big, lucrative resigning at his age. Basically, I don't like him for something that he said. Yech, bad one, this one here.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe he and Fisher could commiserate on that?

I agree, Titans don't need him. He needs to retire and buy some braces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar