Stopping no huddle offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Reminds me of the Reggie Miller flop.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Funniest line I ever heard in the stands was when AH went down in a Colts game.

"Forget the smelling salts, just waive that contract under his nose- he'll get up"

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Just dress up some clowns and have them run out in a little car and wagon to rapidly load the player in the back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pettso

pettso Starter

What JCBrave said... if you're the cause of an injury timeout, you get to sit out the rest of the drive or quarter.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That's basically the only solution. Like many in this thread already said, can't really say a player is "lying." They can use the cramping excuse.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Don't look for a solution for this to come any time soon. It's not like you see this happen every week; if it was that big of an issue (recurring) the NFL would have already addressed it.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

If Goodell was smart, he would put the nail in the coffin for this right now. A lot of people have already questioned him for making this game less tough. Having people flop like that with no punishment will add to that perception. They can't wait for this to become something people do every time they start getting beat by a no-huddle before addressing it.

That being said, I doubt they'll address it anytime soon. My best case scenario would be end of the season/before the next one.

8. kstone

kstone Starter

I heard on NFL radio that the NFL made a statement and said the only way a player or coach will get in trouble for faking a injury is if they come out and say they did. They said it would be to hard to prove "which it kind of is" if they were faking or not. I think the only way to reduce it is to make players set out for one then more play if they say they are hurt.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

If you are on the ground long enough to not even STAND before the next play, then you should easily be forced to sit out the drive, or a certain number of plays. (like a defender sits out 10 defensive/special teams plays)

Real injured players will either learn to play through minor injuries or get off the field when it really is serious enough to down you.

It cuts out these ridiculous fake injuries and maybe even helps players who have serious injuries not just walk them off and risk worse injury. Let them get really checked out.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar