still no respect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

eben if we happen to beat KC and Indy and get to 7-0, I still would not wager to call us the "best" team in the league
    resilient, opportunistic, gritty, etc.... but ,still not "best"

now, if we had last years Patriots offense and this years Titans defense...then it'd be easy

however,
    we still have an aging KFC under center, who has only 3td's so far
    our leading receiver has only 226yds and is considered our #2 TE
    and I'll stop there, because the QB-WR combo is the one I'd really like worked on

no, I believe however that this may be the best "coached" team in football
    because in the end , it doesn't matter how many points that you score, just as long as you score more than your opponent

p.s. so far, I could see voting Jeff Fisher for Coach of the Year, easily

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think i would have to vote for mike smith if they finish somewhere around 7-9 to 9-7.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ditka said last week he picks the Giants going to the SB. maybe he picked TN and Giants.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We wont be Elite untill we have a pro bowl WR and we can put up 30 points average per game.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We do have an elite defense though. Along with a great kicker, punter, rookie RB, coach, and fans.

We got this.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Who needs respect? When have we gotten respect? All I want is this:

:trophy:

Its our year, fellas!

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

The only problem about that is that the media will just say that the Colts are down this year and they aren't the colts of old...blah blah blah.

The fact of the matter is we won't get due respect until we win a superbowl. I think when we went to the superbowl the first year we had very high expectations from then on out but when we could never get back to the big dance and due to our small market we lost our appeal. Even though, as a fan it kills me when I can never find anything on TV about my team, I don't mind the low expectations. We don't deserve to be recongnized until we win the big one. Until that happens don't assume the media will love us even when we go 6-0 or 7-0.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'd say two of the NFC East teams are better than us at this point (Eagles and Giants). Both the Redskins and Cowboys could beat us as well. I don't understand why you guys are always screaming the lack of respect. Who gives a ****. Just follow YOUR team. People are allowed to have an opinion.

According to DVOA stat collecting, we're not the best team in the league. It's too easy to say "well we have the best record". Cool. But we haven't played top competition yet, and there's still 11 more games to play. It's not outrageous to *gasp* follow your team and live with people not agreeing with fans.

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/week-6-dvoa-ratings-3

9. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

It's all about being better than your competition, not against someone you haven't or won't play. 5-0 says you're better. We can't say "Well, based on stats, so-and-so is better." It can only be answered on the field. Anything else is unrealistic or in other words "fantasy football".

There truly is no "better team", unless they beat YOU! Look at St. Louis, Cleveland, Arizona, and Huston v. "The Better Teams"!

Look out it could happen in Kansas City!!!!!!! :shocked:

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah ditka predicted Titans Giants before the season even started..smart fellow..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar