Stewart, Mawae Fined for Hit on Merriman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Very true.

However, Merriman could have easily avoided contact. Vince obviously didn't have the ball, and wasn't even looking at Merriman. But instead of sidestepping Vince to avoid contact, Merriman lowered his head and shoulders and braced himself for impact.

It wasn't necessarily a dirty play, and he certainly wasn't looking to knock Vince out of the game. That being said, any time a guy takes a shot at the opposing QB, he can rest assured that the QB's teammates will be looking for retribution....especially the O-line. Merriman made his own bed.

(As far as the Hartsock play goes, Merriman can't say a word about it. Not only was it a clean play, but Merriman should have been looking for that guy in motion. He was so focused on the QB, he had no clue the TE was coming in motion....and that lack of awareness resulted in Hartsock cleaning his clock.)

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I guess it depends on which team you are on if your b*tching means anything.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'd like to agree with you, but my problem is that if it had been Manning or Brady who got knocked down like that, I'm confident flags and fines would have come raining.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

followed by a trial and prompt execution

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Anyone remember when the stupid northern ponies blocked an Anderson kick a few years ago and 3, THREE, dolts steamrolled poor Gary as he was despretly trying to make himself invisible. No flags, and there should not have been, and no fines, as there should not have been. Anderson getting abused was about 30 yards from the action and was of no consequence to the play. Did the Titans whinney about Dungy putting the hit out on Anerson?

bolts sure are sore winners!

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

They showed the play Merriman was hurt on on CBS's pregame show. Yawn. They didn't go low, I don't know how he hurt his knee. Mawae hit him in the back, but let up as he hit him.

If that was a hit, it was put out by Big Bird.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

enjoy this one while you can... (if you can)

nice video. I wish that one would have gone our way...
    I bet this video is gone in a few days.

horse collar at 3:15
    chambers "catch" at 6 minute mark
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_KmC6m3OE4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x_KmC6m3OE4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar