Stewart making a move at RT?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H Man

H Man Guest

That's cool. Are you there watching the practices live?

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I guess he didn't hear about this Fisher quote:

(on if the right tackle position is Jacob Bell’s job to lose)

"No, we’re just moving people around; it’s competitive and wide open. When Daniel (Loper) comes off the wrist injury we’re going to look hard at Daniel. Jacob’s doing well, Stewart has really made a move here the last month. He’s picking things up, he’s big, strong and heavy. There could still be some more potential shuffling"

I'd like to see Stewart win the job, and Bell prepare to take over one of the guard spots.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That sheds doubt on whether it's Bell's job, but I wouldn't say it's Stewart's to lose. Have you heard or seen anything more? He hasn't been playing with the first team, that's not a good sign for his starting chances.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There are a few fans on the board that make it to the practices. Sat was the only one I've been to this year. Actually the input on the practices has been lacking compared to previous years and I would assume it is because they are practicing in Clarksville and not as many can get out to them.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is my last week of summer work, then early next week I head back to Knoxville for school, but I might go to practice monday morning, I think it's my only opportunity.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah clarksville...

Adds an extra hour each way for many of us who used to frequent baptist park in the past. That's quite a drive from Columbia just to watch a practice.

From what I saw of Stewart in last years camp he isn't the quickest guy around. I reallly wished he could have played a little last season but never got into a game fore even one play. Another coaching failure from 2005. Anyway he actually worked at right guard as much as at tackle and he is a real tall guy @ 6'7 and sometimes that works against you.

It would be a great benefit for the team if he can beat bell out because that means he is better in just his second year and bell can backup more people.

6'7 318 lbs. He's big enough to play there... In camp last year you could see these three huge guys all almost identical in size standing next to each other and without the numbers you wouldn't have known which guy was looper, stewart or roos. To get 2 starters and a decent backup out of that group would be a huge plus.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Makes perfect sense to me. With Pillar out Bell moves over and Stewart takes over at RT. That puts the 5 best guys on the OL. Amano is backing up Pillar at LG and Bell is backing up RG so technically it was Stewart coming in for Olsen.

I'm sure the Titans are not fully set on how the OL will shake out at this point and we could see Stewart starting at RT in the end. In the pre-season game coming up however we might see Bell start at RG to give Volek and the RBs the best OL we can put on the field to see what we have.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

As I said earlier, that's my impression. This makes the move easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar