Steve Wyche: Why Not to Read His Draft Coverage

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bababooey, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/steve-wyche/65034?module=HP11_hot_topics

I'm sorry but to have the Titans pick a CORNERBACK (Stephon Gilmore, and yes as a CB not for S) in the first round is one of the few things we will NOT do.

How daft can he be? At least other analysts selected actual positions of need, DE or OLB, etc.

If anything, this is a good reason to never read Wyche's coverage this year unless it's inside info, NOT analysis.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wouldn't be "shocked" if we went CB 1st round, however hopefully if we did it would be because Dre Kirkpatrick, Morris Claiborne, or Alfonzo Dennard fell to us. If Cortland isn't resigned, I wonder how much faith our FO has w/ Verner and McCourty.

We obviously have MULTIPLE different needs infront of CB though.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hard not to have faith in McCourty or Verner since they played pretty well IMO. McCourty played outstanding actually. Now if they did go CB it would be to replace Verner on the outside (assuming Finny leaves) with the plan to move Verner into the NB spot. That might be a stretch but is posisble. I don't see McCourty going anywhere and if we don't sign Finny they need to lock McCourty up real fast. They an wait another year on Verner. Both IMO are starting caliber but Verner may lack the deep speed they want.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with you man. We'd def need to pickup another CB somewhere in the draft 3rd-4th round or target a FA... if we let Finny walk. I don't trust Campbell as our #3 CB, just yet.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My opinion of Steve Wyche is, he's not Cris Collinsworth, so he's alright. His mock is no crazier than anyone's. It's January, he'll change that thing up at least 12 times before the draft.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

If we lose cortland this offseason we will be losing one of the toughest physical presence on our team, and I would not be surprised to see a cornerback in the first. Mike said he is looking for a playmaker on defense in the first, never said what position.

Who I like:
    *Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska he is a tough physical kid who is not afraid to jam the receiver at the line of scrimmage, he excels in zone coverage as well.

In the later rounds
    Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia has been impressive in the east-west shrine practices
    Shaun Prater, CB, Iowa also been performing well in the practices wouldn't hurt to follow these two kids

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Wyche is bad I'll give you that but at least he's not Bucky Brooks.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's no way I buy that we'll draft a DB in the 1st round. Munchak left the statement open to interpretation, he'd be a fool to say we're taking a DE with our first pick. Look at last year, he said we we're either drafting Dalton or Fairly at 8, we took Locker. Munchak knows the deal, he's not stupid. You can't let people in on your draft strategy so he throws them off by saying something vague enough to get people talking.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Woot WVU sighting...
    Tandy's been improving every season.... he used to be the butt of the joke every time he got burned on a long pass play... but he's gotten better... even so.. he still gets burned on long bombs here and there..

10. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'm not saying we are going DB in the first round, but it is a possibility. The DE class is weak this year so IDK why all of you guys think were going to take a chance on one in the first. We don't have a true difference making on defense and I wouldn't be mad if we got Alfonzo Dennard, Barron, Zac Brown, or a dominating DT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar