Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Then he can kiss my butt.
    Baltimore is going to chew him up and spit him out in two years. You just watch and see Jon. Tennessee would otherwise keep him until he is nothing more than dust and bones they stroll out on a dolley each Sunday and prop up by the Gatorade bucket. No. Steve won't take a paycut... it's just too easy to take a massive dump :flush: on Nashville. He could open up a chicken joint or something on Broadway... take a cue from John Elway... I don't know... Steve has been too good to put his picture on a cereal box for years and now he's going to sell out to the :ravens: Please! Give me a break. No, he shouldn't have too, (take a paycut) but how can he be a Raven after all they (the Ravens) have taken from him?:evil:
    Yeah, that playoff win went a LONG way to healing the loss from the 2000 meltdown... okay... last year's home win was sweet. Too bad we didn't win many apart from that... still... the Ravens are not the answer for Steve McNair. Steve McNair has a shot at a lasting legacy here... He could have a bust on the North Lawn of the Coliseum. You can't put a price on that kind of recognition... All it takes is for Steve to pick up a phone and call Bus... tell him to get a deal done somehow, some way... It can be a long term deal... it just has to be cheap... Money makes money. If Steve wants money, I can understand that... He can reap the rewards of Nashville celebrity for decades. Or he can be just another washed up Baltimore QB that nobody gives a crap about.

[​IMG]

This is how it will go for Steve...
    Unitas was great. Even if he is a Colt... Unitas was a legend.
    Steve is making a mistake.
    Also, he's got at least a shot at the HOF staying with Tennessee...
    I don't want to see Steve hit the same pitfalls Eddie did.
    What happened to Eddie, Jon? Huh?
    He had a long productive career in Dallas, huh?

That Raven uni should make Steve McNair sick.
    The thought of Steve in it does me.

With both Steve and Vince... Titans could have the real rings.

It's too bad it's going to take Baltimore to prove to Steve that Steve is not as good as Steve thinks he is.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

You are dead wrong about that and if you believe it you are a victim of Bus cooks Media Baloney!
    It happened exactly as i described it.

3. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Somewhat of the scenario that I think happened. Not exactly... maybe without the #2 and #3 steps. However, Bus definitely wanted the media to blow this out of proportion. I have heard that lockouts happen all the time with players who are going through re-negs. Maybe alot of those players are not as high profile as Mac, but they do happen. The lockouts are part of the business side of the sport. Maybe they didn't call Mac to let him know before he showed up because they didn't expect him to workout or practice anyways. It's not like he is the most committed to working out and practicing. I think that he has been evaluating his future with the Titans since the talk of drafting a top QB in the draft began. He knows that with the Titans' new QB, he doesn't have a future here as the starter for much longer than a year. He loves the sport and wants to show everyone that his surgery last year has given some years back to his play. I think that he is putting more value to himself than he's worth now. Yes, he made it to the Pro Bowl last year as a 4th place backup in the AFC, but shouldn't he have been closer to 2nd place? Oh, maybe it was our WRs faults... or the Oline... Maybe the Titans were lacking one more good WR. Everyone double teamed Bennett last season, leaving Kinney and an injury prone Calico as the only players with more than 2 years under their belt. I agree that having McNair back this season would mean a winning season. However, I think that having Volek as the starter could produce the same results without as much of a salary cap hit. Let's use the money for another vet Olineman and 1 or 2 DBs. I think that's the best use for it. My 2 cents...

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I have heard that as well. Channel 5 (Sportsline) in Nashville mentioned that he was called BEFORE McNair went to BSP.

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I haven't heard that... maybe flamehead2 was right... maybe I was giving Cook too much credit... maybe he is the devil on McNair's shoulder! :ha:

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Well, you may be right about Miller, Runyon, etc......I am no cap expert (nor is anyone on this board).

What you wrote very well could be the case....that is YOUR ASSESSMENT.....or OPINION, just like what I wrote was my opinion. That doesn't make my "assessment of Reese wrong", you DISAGREE with it because you have a different opinion. That is what we do here.

As far as everything else you said....I agree.
    I said in another thread that I think if we are not in SuperBowl contention when it is Bullucks time....he will be outta here so fast it will make your head spin.

Again, it's an opinion.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Titans called Bus Cook and told him "Hey let's keep Mac out of the facility until we work this thing out"...then...
    Bus Cook then calls Steve McNair and says, "Steve I want you to go over to the facility and try to work out . I have a hunch they aren't going to let you into the facility."
    Bus Cook can kiss my butt too.
    [​IMG]
    Bus Cook and his main squeeze.:evil:

8. So what? We'd spit him out in 1 year...

Why should he when he knows he can get more money on the open market? This isn't the case of a player who has to either take a pay cut or get released and settle for minimal money elsewhere. He'll get big money from the Ravens.

That's a fan's thinking. The players don't generally see other teams that way. Especially not when his buddies Rolle and Mason are already there...

No, it can't. The Titans won't give him a long term deal that guarantees him anything past 2006. They only way he can stay is to take a paycut this year, and he'd be stupid to do that.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

It would have been more appropriate for the team to notify Steve and Bus that until negotiations continued or improved that the FO felt it was in the best interest of all parties involved that Steve not workout at BSP due to liability concerns.

Then intentions would be clear prior to Steve arriving at the complex and there would have been no surprises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar