Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He resigned with us.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I think bus cook bears a lot of this blame game. Here's my understanding of what actually happened.
    1. Mcnair hadn't been training at the facility for over 3 months.
    2. The Titans called bus cook and told him "Hey let's keep Mac out of the facility until we work this thing out"
    3. Bus cook then called steve and said "Steve I want you to go over to the facility and try to work out . I have a hunch they aren't going to let you into the facility."
    4. Mac goes to the facility not really knowing what is going on and is told "now steve you know we can't let you in here"
    5. Mac is blindsided by this and gives Bus permission to go to the media
    6. Bus starts a bunch of negative publicity in the media
    7. Both sides now harbor bad feelings toward the other
    But reguardless of that Mcnair is ALREADY a raven (In his Mind) Therefore Mcnair can kiss my butt too!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No, he didn't. Check the roster at www.titansonline.com

Hopkins is done, which was the point.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

He has retired

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, you're right I have no idea what we offered. I don't understand why we can't guarantee him 4 mill/yr for 2 years, then back-up money yearly after that. My only guess is that the FO thinks we have just as good a chance at a run without him.

I'm apparently one of the few that holds out hope the above type deal will be offered and accepted. I think we have a better chance at run with him starting for us for another year and a half.

6. I know exactly what you mean. BUT HE CAN NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT! It's isn't mathematically possible based on a standard restructure. He can only take a paycut, which he doesn't have any intention of doing. Nor should he.

7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

8. #2 and #3 only happened in your mind. McNair was told he could not enter BSP before Cook was informed by the team.

9. Blazing Arrow

10. Blazing Arrow

McNair is not a rat-bird yet. I don't care if he sits around his house and wheres a gay purple jearsy he is not a scavanger until the deal is signed.

He was told by an assistant trainer he could not practice or work out at the Titans facility. That was pretty low class in my book. At least call him in and tell him face to face. Be a man about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar