Steve McNair can kiss my butt.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:applause: Look guys... I can't hang this all on Steve McNair...
    I view anger as an irrational emotion... I admit...

For me to levy all the blame on Steve McNair is irrational...
    but HOMER does not care. Homer want to vent.

Homer is not a fan of the Ravens...
    So Homer wil Smack a future Raven...

Kiss my butt Steve McNair...

I've got to reserve my faith for Floyd Reese, Bud Adams, and Jeff Fisher...

They may be wrong... and they are...
    but it is more important to forgive them.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Your so called logic/principle doesn't make any sense. Beside the fact that McNair's salary takes something like 1/4 of the cap, he isn't performing like a prime QB anymore, so the pay cut is not only justified, but it's a logical step. I really doubt that you wouldn't be asked to take a pay cut or simply get fired if your performance decreases at your Burger King job.

I think that at some point (I hope) people will realize how pointless it is to keep comparing regular/common jobs to something like the NFL. No matter what some people make you believe, at the end of the day the NFL is nothing but a lot of players getting paid a lot of money to play a game. It is what it is. Unfortunately, some players don't understand that sometimes it helps to stop for a moment and see what is going on around you, and then you might realize how fortunate you are to have what you have right now - I'm not saying that McNair is greedy or not, because I don't know. I'm talking in general here.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I totally agree with you and felt for a long time that this was how it was going to play out. But you or I don't know what the Titans offered. According to rumors, it basically took the $10 mil he'd get this year and spread it out over a three-year deal and not guarantee him anything after '06.

What that means is he plays for $3.5 - $4 in '06 and is then gone. Why should he accept that when he has a contract now for $10 mil or gets $12 mil if he goes to Baltimore?

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How can you be so down on McNair a 2 time pro bowler, CO-MVP, and took us to our one and only Super Bowl but dashes to the rescue of a guy who’s only way of going to Hawaii is on vacation (Albert if you do not know who I am talking about).

That just does not make any sense.

:sad2:

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly. I said about the same, with lower $$$, for EG. I don't understand why grown men cannot get this settled where everyone is a winner.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Pride?

Do you all seriously think McNair is that washed up? I think the addition of Givens a veteran receiver, White as a full back or big blocking back and almost a full year for that sternum injury to really heal, The Air apparent could play a solid season and could with some luck lead us to a 10 win season next year.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I understood that they took the 10m he was to earn this season and gave it to him as a signing bonus which would have made all 10m guranteed.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

your assessment of reese is wrong. why? he put himself, mcnair and the organization by giving the house to fred miller after losing runyan to free agency. a year later he panicked again, givng brad hopkins the house in fear of losing him too. then he gave up a first rounder for kevin carter, and in turn gave the house to carter too. offensive line is important, but you don't need to overspend to keep it afloat, which is what reese did.

hey, some will say he had to do it to protect mcnair, make sure george still had holes, we he went about it the wrong way. fred miller was a big dud in st. louis and he was with us too. where's miller now? picking fights with teammates. where's hopkins now?

in the nfl, you build through the draft and key fa signings without overpaying. david givens provides a dilemma. he's exactly the type of WR who is a good find on the FA market. but at his price? too expensive. the team will restructure his contract too, starting next year, and eventually he'll be cut too.

i just hope reese manages bulluck's salary well, cuz he'll cost big $$$ startin in 07. sirmon is sure to be cut next year when we start having some cap issues again.

if mcnair was worth $10 mil against the cap this year, we wouldn't even be talking here. there would be no steve mcnair can kiss my butt thread. but that's the reality of the nfl. salaries aren't guaranteed, but they can cause major headaches.

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

if only the rats-arses would've given us the 4th rounder, we'd have saved a whole lotta bs...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

This is how it feels.

That was our time.

January 28, 2001 was my birthday... I spent it watching those stinking Ratbirds win our Super Bowl. :evil: We could have owned the Giants.

Now we are looking for Kerry Collins to come in.

Collins sucks!

It's not about players... It's about a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar