Stephen Tulloch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

?
  1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

I think we need to revamp our defense from cecil down. If he will take what he deserves as far as money wise, than keep him for a year to see if he can improve on the pass defense. His tackles have improved this year, but he missed several key tackles this year, and I cant agree with the whole its not his job to cover TE. He is a LB, it should be. I know he is inside, but come on. He is a good element, I think, for the team but one dimensional does come to mind. Although not technically his job, he cant cover well. Also, cant, doesnt, or isnt told allowed to rush more often.

2. amy

amy Starter

The fans are not stupid. By definition, stupid means not have mental capacity to learn. The fans are simply not educated into the nuances of defensive play. It's so good of you to try to help that situation. However, your approach s**ks. no offense.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

Ok, so he can tackle well. But he is terrible on coverage. Witherspoon was more impressive than Tulloch imo.

He is a pretty decent LB. But nothing to write home about. If he'll come cheap retain him. Otherwise, he isn't worth keeping.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's an inside linebacker. Linebackers aren't (shouldn't be) used heavily in pass coverage. They're typically bigger than your OLB's and are used for run stopping (which Tulloch is great at).

It was our scheming and OLB's who dropped the ball. But honestly, I don't care who your OLB's are, they're not going to be able to stay with a good TE.

Tulloch is a great MLB. Top 10

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Thanks Amy (and I mean that).

No offense taken. It's just frustating to try to talk football with people who are simply repeating what they've heard on tv or what the "common thought" is of a subject rather than knowing what is actually taking place. Whenever I try to reason with some of these posters, name calling begins and cheap shots are taken simply because I prove them wrong.

So its pretty frustrating. But people are irrational in general so what can you do?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Historically we have not needed MLBs who were great in coverage and he had too much coverage responsibility.

He is a good player and you have to keep a good player if there is no other good player that can take over that position. Maybe Mcgrath can be a good inside guy that's where he played in college but we need his speed on the outside.

I think Tulloch is worth a decent long term deal but if we want to improve our coverage stop using him in the nickel.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You mean irrational like your opinion that VY is better than Aaron Rogers? That kind of irrational?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Having a lot of tackles doesn't always equal good. Since our defense couldn't get themselves off the field, I'd say most of his tackles are from bad things happening. Tully is a thumper, not a great LB. I was a doubter once, and he convinced me he's a NFL MLB, but I don't care for his services if something better is available.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Soooo we did not tender Tully, what do you guys think that means?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar