Stephen Paea needs to be the pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I disagree here....we will get one through FA or via trade...if Fisher is replaced I do not want the new head coach handcuffed to a QB he didn't draft. The QBs in next year's draft (Luck, Barkley, and Jones) are better then any QB in this draft. As a Notre Dame fan I cannot stand USC, but Barkley is the real deal. He's the best USC QB I've seen...better then Carson and Sanchez.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

After further consideration, Paea would be a "safer" pick than Dareus. I'm on board.

With that said, you never know. Everybody said Jarek Odrick was one of the safest picks in the draft last year and he is on that freakin' show Basketball Wives.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me say this - I'd love for us to draft anyone who has been selected by the AP for First Team All-American. BUT I don't like his wimpy bench press. Extend those arms kid!

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Also, I want you all to know that this is only Stephan Paea's third year playing football. I was drooling over his technique but I think it becomes even more impressive due to the fact that he was able to become that good in three years. A year or two under Washburn (assuming Fisher keeps his job) and I think we wold have a certified monster on our hands. A top five defensive player.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Say no to drugs, violence, and Jeff Fisher.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

^^^This...a lot of people are not realizing that. He would have an instant impact on our D under Wash.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Whoever we take at #8 better be an instant starter and impact player (except maybe for a QB but even he should start sometime in his first two years).

I think a real good DT along side Morgan on the left side would make us stout against the run and have an improved pass rush.

This might be the way to go and use a 2nd rounder for Orton. Then look for a FA S like Weddle and a LB in the 3rd.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I think Orton can be had for a 3rd, McNAbb will be a free agent, so I bet we look at him first.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I am down with Weddle. He is the free agent I most want this season but I would then move LB or G into the second round after drafting Paea. McNabb will be a FA and I think if we give him a good running game a enough good defense then this team will be playoff bound. If you think about it this will probably be the first time McNabb would have ever worked with a team where the primary forcus of the defense would be stopping the run

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dareus is the bigger impact player than Paea. He makes big plays in the backfield even though he is playing a 5 technique in a 3-4. I can't imagine how awesome he could be in a one gap technique where he doesn't have to be responsible for 2 gaps and can just blow up the field.

Dareus would be the closet thing to AH circa 07 and 08.

Like Paea he is very strong, 309 lbs and runs a sub 5 second 40 but he might have a better 10 second split and would be almost as strong. Bama has an excellent strength training program.

Note that the titans have little regard for lift numbers when they draft D-linemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar