Steelers vs. Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jdee, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdee

jdee Guest

What do you think? Kind of like the Notre Dame / Ohio State game, I don't like either one of them. Too much rest and points for the Steelers, I like the Colts in this one.

Colts 30, Steelers 17

JDee

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe the Steelers wont give up their gameplan this time.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I want to know if there are any new gadget plays in the the Steelers hand.
    I also saw an interesting commentary by Sean Salisbury on how home field advantage is overrated. Now, given the Steelers playoff history, although Salisbury wasn't putting anything in the context of the upcoming divisional round, I think it bodes well for the Steelers playing on the road in this instance. I think there is too much hype, emotion, and distraction wrapped up in the Colts situation and although the Colts are the favorite, I do not think this is a lock by any means. I can't stand the Steelers but I can't help but admire their physical style, especially up front. Peyton has a tendancy to get rattled once he gets hit hard a few times. The key, IMO for the Colts is offensive line play. I think their skill positions are better, but I'm looking for the Steelers to force error on the part of the Colts.

Steelers 27
    Colts 21

ps- look for a special teams blunder that is the difference.
    also, a key turnover on downs

4. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

I'm thinking something like this:

Colts 38
    Steelers 13

But then again, there are those who call me biased. :winker:

5. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

Will the Steelers' personnel changes be a distraction to the team?

Pittsburgh assistant Russ Grimm will interview for head coaching vacancies with the Lions, Packers and Saints later this week. Grimm, the offensive line coach, will be interviewed the night of Jan. 12 in Pittsburgh by Lions president Matt Millen. The Packers interview will be Jan. 13. The interview with the Saints might be over the phone.

Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt also has one interview this week, with the St. Louis Rams -- his first for a head-coaching position. He is responsible for the throwback pass to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger that resulted in a TD.

I'm going with Colts 31, Steelers 17.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm just straight-up biased. :ha:

7. AFC46

AFC46 Guest

Dude this game is already over Colts 56- steelers 3

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really? You think the colts will hold the Steelers to less than 20? I don't know about that.

Colts 31, Steelers 27

9. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

Steelers 31, Colts 0.

Manning throws 3 picks fot TD's and Farrior picks up a fumble after Hope lands a career ending blow on Harrison and runs it in. Jeff Reed makes a 47-yard FG on the first drive, Peyton fumbles twice.

Willie Parker has 54 yards rushing, Jerome Bettis has 67.

10. wino

wino True 2 the shoe..GO COLTS

FYYFF

If you're really a football fan you don't wish injury...much less CAREER-ENDING INJURY on ANY player. That's as low-class as it gets, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar