Steelers offense against our defense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We dont have defense anymore, Andre Johnson over 200 yards recieving. Slaton has ran for 200 yards on us this season. Texans had 2 16 play drives on our defense.

The Jets owned us with dink and dunks. Hanesworth missed 3 games last season and we lost all 3. I dont like our chances this Sunday.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

First off, Andre Johnson has put up numbers against pretty much every defense he has gone up against,does that make it alright? No but the guy is in a zone and playing lights out. Slaton's rushing yards against us are decieving, the guy has had a couple of big runs in these two games that have jacked his numbers up but for the most part hes been in check. As far as the Jets game, San Fran,Oakland and Chargers are all teams that are playing pop warner football and have beat the Jets.. Means nothing...

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This is not the Steelers teams of years past.

They have no power back, so the loss of Haynesworth is not as significant as if we were playing a team like the Giants or Baltimore. Parker is clearly still playing injured as well. The Steelers will try and run mis-direction plays to the outside and get our youg DEs like Ford and Hayes over-pursuing. Stopping the cut-back runs is something we have done well all season and it will be key on Sunday.

I agree with RT. We should be able to limit them to under 20 points, provided they don't get any short fields or defensive scores. Rothlisberger does hold onto the ball a lot, and takes a lot of coverage sacks. Our CBs need to play to the whistle (which they typically do) to give our line time to get to Ben.

Neither of their TEs are used as stretch the field types like Keller and Daniels are (who both forced us to scheme against them).

On offense, the battle of our running game against their defense will be very interesting. We are #2 in the league (behind Carolina) with 26% of our running plays going for 10+ yards. Pittsburgh is the #1 defense in the league at not giving up big gains on the ground (only 8% of running plays against go for 10+ yards).

Interestingly, when they do give up a big play it is to the left side (of the offense) which I can only presume is bouncing something outside after Harrison gets caught over pursuing.

What I want to see - TE Screens. They have been one of our most successful plays all season. Send CJ into the flat, fake the HB screen, get the LBs flowing to the sideline, have our scrub WRs run fly patterns to take the CBs deep and hold the Safeties high, and then dump the ball back over the middle to Scaife or Crumpler.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Can we stop the Steelers from having 10-12 play drives ALL DAY LONG? Get off the field.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hurts not to have KVB and Albert. No matter what happens in this one, I'd love to see a rematch in the playoffs with both of them healthy.

The Texans game wasn't that embarassing. We gave up 13 points. I would take that every single week, gladly.

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I say Big Ben doesn't finish the game.

Maybe he will spend the weekend in a nice Nashville hospital like Tommy Maddox did. Bulluck really knocked his block off. I was there that night.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think that was the last time KB hit someone.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought Maddox was dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar