Post-Game Thread Steelers 40, Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Whatever. He has been really bad this year. I guess he's developing into Matt Cassel.

How do you know what our record would be without Mariota? If you're saying with Cassel we'd be 2-8, then sure. But, if we had a QB who didn't panic like a little girl when pressured, and could throw accurately, we'd probably be 8-2.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I think our talent is better than that. Our coaching is garbage though.

This offseason will be telling. If they stay the course, it will be hard for me to care about next season at all.

3. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

I agree it was there for the taking, more so than ever before. We just haven't made the step this year everyone was expecting us to. Something has been off all season, either the offense is struggling or the defense, or both. We are too inconsistent and don't look like a proper contender. Sure we might squeak in the playoffs but can anyone hold their hand up and say you've been convinced by the last 4 weeks? Sadly not

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Of course I was being sarcastic.. But you better believe we would be a way better team with Derek Carr, hell even Case Keenum right about now.

I'm getting to the point where I don't have no faith in Mariota anymore. Spot him 2 crucial turnovers a game and then I might start believing..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chad Guerra

Chad Guerra Starter

Mariota has saved us from multiple games with game-winning drives. He consistently is in a 3rd and long situation where they are playing the pass.

I don't think he's this amazing QB, but you can't act like this is all on him. We're a run first team, with no rushing game.....

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

he wasn't even pressured on his first 2 INT, just really bad throws.

He actually needs to run more, would have helped today. Lots of room to run on his 2nd INT.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Oh, it's definitely not all on him. Our coaching staff sucks, too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Case keenum? See how a top defense can help even the most pedestrian of QBs?

This is why you don't just throw a QB at a dumpster fire roster and expect a magical turnaround. Build a defense and OL then insert QB you feel can succeed. We went the opposite route with QB first, OL next. Still need D improvements and something in the run game has gone backwards from last year.

9. Welt

Welt Starter

Mariota has got to start playing better, but the two major problems with this team:

1. We have completely wasted draft picks that should have been used to address the D line.
    2. We are a run first team with a lead back that gets 1-2 yards almost every carry.

You can't expect much when our play-calling is so predictable (outside of the first drive against the Bengals) and the QB is in 3rd and 8 every other play.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Done with this team. They don't care about winning they care about the bottom line. I went to the game in person with my family whose all Steelers fans. They loved it. I just enjoyed the 9 dollar beers.

Now begs the question....who to root for? Yep I'm also a fake ass fan apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar