Steeler boards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no. i really believe they are more upset about the towel than the game itself. they're ****ing pissed.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we'd have to play the ravens(6th seed) in order for that to happen :wink2:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

yeah, I know. :yes:

here's a question though. This is in all seriousness.

There is the Steeler fan argument that because of the towel thing should the Steelers make it back to LP Feild they will be extra motivated and then there is the general feeling here that a team should already be motivated and that the towel thing is trivial or whatever...

Well, that makes sense to me in a way because I have a hard time getting with the towel ideology. It's kind of like the Koran to me. I understand what it is to Muslims but it means nothing to me. I would understand the outrage if it was desecrated though.

Ok, ok... that brings me to the Ravens... now, because of the 2000 playoffs... and the fact that #53 remains... and is the vocal leader on defense... does a playoff elimination 8 years ago supply "extra" motivation for our team? Or is that argument invalid for the same reasons we call the towel thing invalid?

or is it valid because we were humiliated "on the field" where it really matters as opposed to the sideline where it's not game play but merely shenanigans?

follow up question... does the 2003 wild card game offer us consolation? What about that game coupled with the first regular season win and near win against McNair? Is that not enough to erase the sting of RayRay striping #27 and #3 blowing it? Does it just not count unless we recreate the situation exactly?

Does it take a divisional win at home against the Ravens to heal? Or have we healed already? If we have not healed would a win in the Divisional round over the Ravens do it? Or do we not only have to win but do we have to destroy an effigy of the Ravens as well?

:ravens:

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Rivalries shouldn't die or be put to rest,they should be cultivated.

I love the towel stomp.Next game Fishers should burn one on a stick & wave it in front of Tomlins face when thewy meet in the middle of the field after we whoop them.

The Oilers,Steelers & Browns games in the AFC central were always brutal.The Ravens are the Browns of old.It goes back to the AFC central to me,I don't care about the name change or leaving their records behind.

Screw the Ravens,they took away our SB dream in 2000. I want to do that to them or the Steelers this year.I want them to hate us forever.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

if that's truly the case, then I feel sorry for all Steeler fans ...

it's a freakin' towel

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I really believe that it is truly the case. It stems from the fact the towel is a means to raise money for charity. To them, it's more than a towel. It's a vehicle to change the lives of the less fortunate. For it to be trampled upon by the enemy is cause for their outrage.

that being said a parallel would be Americans being outraged at US flag desecration. The United States does a lot of good in the world... in our view anyways...

but Iraqis burning our flag doesn't bother me in the least... so I don't really get it 100% either.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The 2003 wild card victory in Baltimore WAS, for all purposes in my mind, the Original Titans "moral superbowl" victory.

I think that laid to rest the hatred towards the Ravens being the first team to win in Adelphia, and the ONLY team to beat the Titans in the playoffs in Nashville.

Now, the Ravens are the team I hate the most in the NFL. For me, if we were to play them this year, it would mean more.

I'm not sure many on our team would have any extra motivation, considering most weren't part of the Titans back then.

One exception might be KFC. He has to want some revenge for losing in the Superbowl to the Ravens.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's just the focus of their outrage for losing that game.

If it wasn't the towel it would be the refs or some other crap.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

! A Steeler fan will trade the babies milk money for those tickets.

The ONLY way they are getting my tickets is if that Milk Money is worth 2K per Ticket! I have 4, and if I can walk away with 8 big ones and payoff my car, I will watch on a new big screen debt free. (5K for the car and 3k for the TV)

Every man has a price, but I don't think the Steel City has the money to get into this game if it happens! :lol:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you can bet someone would be crying and carrying on for Chris Johnson showboating and Griffin with the pick six where he could have just fallen down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar