Statements on Vince From team mates!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

No, when Vince finally got in the game - they score was 13-10 Miami. They scored on their first possession in the 3rd quarter. So, technically, he was "in a hole" when he took his first snap of the day.

2. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason the former Texas players have a say that matters is because they know Vince better than any other Titans teammates. They've seen all the sides to Vince there are to see. Bo mentioned the ups and downs. The guy is a good guy who sometimes needs a little more guidance than others. That's fine. He wins, he's exciting to cheer for, and he's always improving. I'm happy with that. I do wish he would stretch more tho.

4. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

you've got to be ing kidding me ... technically he was down ... it sure as hell wasn't an insurmountable amount of points to make up in a half :moon2:

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

It is when your defense lays down for that entire half.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

So... you just flip-flopped?

When VY entered the game, was his team down or not? It's a yes or no question and you've managed to answer both ways AND you answered yes, begrudgingly.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And don't forget the message from VY's mother, who said her boy has learned his lesson (after fighting in a stirp club)...

<object height="288" width="470"><param name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" value="http://www.kvue.com/v/?i=96401979" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.kvue.com/v/?i=96401979" AllowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" height="288" wmode="transparent" width="470"></embed></object>

What more you got to hear?...

8. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

I'm not kidding. I never said it was "an insurmountable amount of points to make up." You said the game was tied when he got in the game. You were wrong. That is all I was pointing out.

Try again.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Lets think about it objectively... 4 of his passes were hail marys that went incomplete. One of them was intercepted in the endzone on our last play from scrimmage. The fumble was because of a collapse of offensive line... any QB getting hit from behind in the throwing arm when they're about to release will fumble.

Desperation plays accounted for a large majority of his plays from scrimmage, since Jeff decided to not play him in the first half. What he did do is march right down the field and throw a touchdown pass on his first drive after the fumble...something Collins couldn't even get close to doing in the entire first half.

He didn't look the best he's looked this year, but he looked capable. He looked like if we gave him the ball 3 times on the 50 yard line he would have got us at least a single damn point out of it.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The defense also let 3 QB's run wild on them. All three. Even without a QB on the field they were moving the ball with ease at one point. Tyler Thigpen: 6/8 with a TD. Anthony Fasano: 108 yards, TD. Jokers like that were keeping our offense sidelined.

The entire defensive unit was completely gassed because of the first half. Kerry "The Three And Out" Collins kept handing the ball strait to the Dolphins, and that will eventually wear your dudes out. See the second half for examples. Or any of the first six games of last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar