Statement from Mike Munchak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

As much as I couldn't stand you as a HC munch, thank you for what you did for the Titans/ Oilers for the past 30 years. You are a class act, a great oline coach and HOF, definitely something to hang your hat on and I wish you the best @ the next stop wherever that may be.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't the Texans interview him for a HC position when they eventually hired Kubiak?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You a such a tool.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Legend of the franchise and always will be. Great service from a humble and great man.

I wish him the best (but please don't go to the Texans)

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It's not just an excuse. Damn when will people stop ignoring the fact that both the Eagles and the Chiefs had drastically improced QB play because two young QBs in Foles and Smith balled out of their skulls. Give us QB play like either of those guys and we're definitely in the playoffs maybe even the AFC championship. A QB can make or break you. They had Foles and Smith, we had Locker and Fitzpatrick it's no contest and you all know it.

The one turnaround that I cannot say a thing about was Harbaugh in San Fran. That was a masterful performance in which he turned and underwhelming first round QB who was almost universally regarded as a bust and turned him into what he has become. Harbaugh changed the culture of that locker room and brought the best out of the talent on that team in one season. Can't take anything away from him even though he's a raging douche. I liked Munch but now that he's gone I pray we find a guy who can produce similar results.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Both Harbaugh's are excellent examples of how significant a coach can be with a rapid culture change. The talent does have to be there but so does the energy from the coach. I'm certain if we select a high energy coach who is intelligent and experienced in a winning culture we will be playoffs in 2 years. We need a QB. That us the only concern I have with the upcoming transition.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not that I'm aware of. I remember them wanting to interview him for a OC position but Fisher denied the interview.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I seriously had a dream last night that Munch tried to commit suicide....anybody know if he is alive right now?

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Foles was on the roster and played meaningful downs last season for the Eagles. The system is the biggest part of why the Eagles were successful this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Let's not pretend that "playing meaningful downs" and being the unquestioned starter for the majority of the season are the same thing please. That same Chip Kelly system was getting the Eagles' ass kicked in the beginning of the season or did everyone forget that? Foles' emergence as a borderline elite QB (so far) was the key difference. Foles was also a rookie last year, the comparison is weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar