State of the AFC South...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr tex

mr tex Starter

get over yourself dude b/c truthfully in the years the texans have been in existence, both of our teams' trophy cases look pretty much identical now. & i think we both know about the "winning tradition" or lack thereof from both.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans have won the Lamar Hunt Trophy which is the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP Trophy. There are 3 Championship games every season in the NFL.

Winning Lamar Hunt Trophy allows you the oppertunity to play for the Superbowl which is the king of US professional sports titles.

Granted winning Lamar Hunt trophy is not the same as winning a SB, but it is still a Championship. Titans have played in a few Championship games, Texans ONCE won more games than they lost - once.

3. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

You are so defiant of the Texans its hilarious. You continue to put yourself out there and the Texans continue to prove you wrong. Save yourself the wasted efforts before you drown. The Texans are a damn good football team and the youngest team in football is going to be this way for quite a while.

In 3,2,1...... here it comes

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The Texans are still the same. Barely getting by the Raiders? lol

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Well, I followed your instructions. I counted back from 3 and absolutely nothing happened.

6. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns Oilers/Texans

Oilers eeerr Titans choking to the Broncos at home... it's pretty much the same there also.

It is a little different for the Texans. The old Texans would have lost that game. Barely getting by is better than not getting by. I am sure the Titans would have taken a "barely getting by" vs the Broncos today.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yes you really have proven me wrong with your 3-1 start, you've erased all doubts and are clearly a Superbowl team.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Now I'm curious but when do they send out the 3-1 trophies? Is it during the bye week or Monday? I can never remember. Well what the hell am I asking the Houston Clippers for, this is their first 3-1 start. But ya see there's so much more to a 3-1 start than it seems. Not only are you a whole TWO games above .500 but you've also shown just hot rock solid of a team you are. Now granted you did lose to the winless Cowboys but I think you have to, it's like a Texas state law isn't it? The real Texas team gets to win. Something like that. Whatever.

But yea, I can't remember a team that's ever gotten off to a hot start and fizzled at the end of the season, it's really never happened, ever. But man 3-1. Who was I to EVER doubt the Houston Mets? They clearly have all the makings of a Superbowl team. So what if you surrendered 278 passing yards from Bruce Gradkowski, you guys have that IT factor that earns you 2 things.

1. A Superbowl title in the very near future.
    2. The right to talk down to other fans about how awesome your 3-1 team is.

Carry on Dallas Mets, you've earned that 3-1 trophy. Go crazy folks go crazy!

9. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Nobody said anything about the Super Bowl bud. What you have said in the past are things like Schaub is made of glass and you said he would never play 16 games. You also said he was garbage (lol), and now its changed to he will never win a playoff game, or wont ever win the big game or something like that instead? Way to adapt! Orr things like the Texans will never reach .500 and will always be losers (check), then the Texans will always be a .500 team and will never have a winning season (check), then its well, the Texans will never make it to the playoffs, yada, yada, yada...

Its like you set these benchmarks for the Texans and as soon as they hit them you change your tune to the next one up. Its really quite entertaining to watch.

Anyway..... yes, LOTS of football left to be played. For now, a 3-1 start without Cushing is a huge get for us.

10. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

LOL.... talk about a REACH here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar