Start Cook at WR if Britt is out for the year/long time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Cookie is just as fast as Britt, has good hands and is nimble enough to play WR. We know Cookie has had issues with blocking at the LOS and he'd be a nice complement playing opposite of a 170 lb Nate Washington. Could create a lot of mismatches and should destroy DB's for outside running plays.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Start him at WR, because he sure as hell isn't doing anything at TE.

Craig Stevens 4 lyfe!

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

bahh...Stevens isn't that great...he made a nice catch and run today..but that was a brilliant play call as the Defense wasn't expecting a big air ball to our blocking TE.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I want to hear from someone at the stadium today about what happened to Cook again today. Is he getting open and not getting looks? Or is he just not getting open? I thought he was in the game quite a bit today, so I will be curious to know this before I endorse putting him at WR.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

No thanks, he doesn't even look that impressive at TE with LB's covering him.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Can we say David Boston??

7. Fry

I read today during the Tennessean chat that he's still having a lot of difficulties reading coverages.

We just need to draft a real TE. Dwayne Allen from Clemson.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well give props to stevens too... he did what was needed... anyone see how he was holding the ball while he was running? he was holding onto that thing for dear life.... he was like "aint no way im fumbling this thing"

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Cook is going to have to become a bigger part of our offense with Britt out..no ifs, ands or buts about it. I just don't think he is getting the looks.. Hass does a good job of spreading the ball around and Cook just hasn't gotten enough looks in one game to make a big enough impact for your average fan to realize that Cook is a monster.

10. Fry

If Cook was a monster he'd be getting looks. Kenny Britt gets plenty of looks because he's a monster.

Jared Cook gets two balls a game because he sucks. He's a big, fast guy who's apparently dumb as a rock and can't be counted on to run the right route. Did anyone see Hasselbeck tell him to go out wider during a formation shift? He's just not getting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar