Stallworth Drunk During Accident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i dont get it...drivin drunk and killed an innocent person...y is it takin so long 4 his bum to get to jail....

and yes...killin dogs is far less than a human...i love dogs....i used to have alot bak int he day....but still this something far beyond any animal lover thing. worse than viks by quite a bit

actually yesterday i was drivin quite drunk after a yacht party....and nothin happend to me...but my friend behind me got hit by some fag w/o a license speeding...he ramed in his car and dented the axel from the side back...bmw got reeeeemed...no good can come from drivin drunk

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Legal charges are not "drinking and driving" but Driving Under Influence. Simultaneous consumption and driving is irrelevant- it is the level of the substance in your system while you are driving.

And if it doesn't make OK or acceptable, why the hell post an asinine comment like that?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Stallworth didn't deliberately kill the man, Vick deliberately killed the dogs.

4. Riverman

manslaughter versus vehicular homocide. Still going to get cooked I imagine.

5. Riverman

Yeah- I want to how "The Artful Rodger (Dodger)" handles this one. Especially in regards to any tailspin it may have on Haynesworth's reckless driving paralyzing incident. I'd like to see Goodell apply the principles in "shield tarnishing" he will apply to a smaller market like Cleveland to a larger/higher profile market like D.C.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I am kind of with you there Gunny. Stallworth had a lapse in judgment that ended in a human death. Although tragic, our society puts a higher premium on human life in terms of punishing those who snuff it out, intentionally or accidental it doesn't seem to matter.

I would expect Stallworth to do 6-8 years which is more than time than Vick will have served upon his release and Vick is a much sicker individual in my opinion. I am sure Stallworth is remorseful and apologetic where by contrast Vick never admitted a thing until confronted with a litany of forensic evidence and eyewitness depositions.

Still, people are people and dogs are still dogs. I am happy that Vick got the time he did. Stallworth has a penalty to pay now. Florida law is tough. By the time it's all said and done Stallworth would spend more time locked up than Vick.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't get me wrong, what Stallworth did was irresponsible and thoughtless and dangerous, but he didn't get in the car thinking 'I'm going to kill some guy'.

Vick on the other hand, had malice in heart.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Pretty much the same thing happened to Leonard Little except he crashed into someone driving while Donte killed someone walking,either way the end result was the same. Little,believe it or not only got 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service which is absurd for taking the life of another human. What makes his situation even more appalling is 6 years later, in 2004, Little was arrested again for drunk driving and speeding. Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case. Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge. Only in America....:shake:

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

taking a life be it human or animal is tragic. anyone who does so should be punished to the full arm of the law.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Exactly... and in the past he's hidden behind the "no prior incidents" argument. Big Al already has an incident that almost took him out of the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar