Stafford to the Rams, Goff to the Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanWally, Jan 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The original question was worded weird, I think it was in Australian.

I think he's saying that Watson fetches more than Stafford, aka 3 firsts.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The original question was worded weird, I think it was in Australian.

I think he's saying that Watson fetches more than Stafford, aka 3 firsts.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

And play for a Super Bowl and have a very good roster. The defense is so good if they had any kind of offense they would be a SB contender. So it has worked out pretty well.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think it sets a baseline of no less than 2 firsts to get him. They need players too, so it may well be a blend of picks and players like this deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

As stated before, in 2 years the lions are out of the Goff contract with no dead money. First round picks in 2022 and 2023 and this years 3rd round pick is crazy. For a 33 year old qb that has back issues and lets be honest has issues with turnovers ( how many pick 6's has he thrown in his career? 23 7th all time in NFL history!)

This means the Rams will have not had a first round pick in 7 straight years. And it all started with Jeff Fisher trading with us to get Goff in 2016!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Reminds me of the Redskins back when Bobby Beathard was GM.

7. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

Remember who he played with....the worst NFL franchise, and still managed to have a very good career. Rams are a real SB contender now.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think that baseline had already been set.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

no I’m saying that the Rams would’ve offered more to get Watson if they felt he was worth more. They chose Stanford because they values him at the deal more than they or (presumably) other interested teams would. In short, Rams picking Stanford and not Watson could be considered Watsons market value.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

That's not entirely true. Rams could've offered Texans more for Watson (than what they did Lions and Stafford), and been declined by the Texans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar