Sports Illustrated's 1st Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FightinTitan, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would really like to see us use the Pick for Pat Willis. Yeah or DC doesnt have the MLB on the field much but im hoping our DC wont be around for much longer. This would really help our run D and hopefully get our offense on the field more. No reason in having a great #1 receiver if the D cant get off the field

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

That would be immensely wrong if we took Meachem over Landry.

3. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

I agree with everything said here. Fact is, VY is a long-term investment. If he's QB of the Titans for the next 12 years, then there is time to grab a flashy WR later. Great teams are built inside-out, so OL, DL, and LB should be the Titans' first concern. Let's get the Titans D in order while Fisher is still coach. Unless there is significant improvement in the D, the Titans are not going anywhere in the post-season.

It's very possible to find a gem of a WR in the later rounds.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you can say that about every position.

im going purely by memory because i dont feel like looking up the stats again, but we've used about 10-12 picks on middle round WRs since 96. one of them went over 1000 yards(mason).

5. yea, we obviously have people that cannot judge wideouts very well

6. smili

smili Starter

The SI projection has 5 DE going before our pick. I think it's probably our biggest need outside of safety and could see Fisher wanting DE and/or S ahead of WR.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Just give me Landry or Bowe and I'll be happy!

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Judging from players around the rest of the league, that stat has a lot more to do with Reese/our talent evaluators than it is an indication of talented WRs in the middle rounds

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think Meachem is overrated, but I guess I will see. I would think they would adress the D a little bit, but maybe we will do it with free agents.

10. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

For some reason i think im gonna jump on the Ted Ginn parade, this guy could be so amazingly explosive for VInce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar