Speed Baseball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CRUDS, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did somebody just drop a baseball thread?

jcbq.jpg

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I get to drop 1 baseball thread for every 659 football threads you post.
    I still have credit for two more..

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

actually 66 more, but whos counting

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

First thing I do is eliminate timeouts called at the plate by batters and give pitchers a time limit on how long they have to throw the ball once they get it back in their glove. Those two rules alone speed the game up by 30 minutes.

Of course, baseball purist would lose their minds but they are becoming fewer and fewer as they die out along with baseball, in general.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm as old school as anyone - but that sport needs to adapt.
    Keep old style outfits - but hedge some innings and eliminate "stepping out of the box" and other time wasting nonsense..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Its the only sport without a clock (of the major ones - tennis and golf dont have clocks but I digress) and I would hate to see a 24 second clock on the backstop.

But I also see zero reason for there to be a minute between pitches.

9 innings is set in stone, same as 3 outs ect...

I would be ok with the umpire being able to award a ball or strike for flagrant abuses.

I would also call games tied at the end of 12 innings a tie. Those absurd 23 inning things hurt teams and fans dont so much like them as endure them

8. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Pitchers need that little bit of time between pitches. They would have some short careers if they had to throw pitches within a 24 second window 70-80 times a game.

I really don't mind the speed of baseball when I'm at a game. It's really chill, relax drink some beer.

But for television purpose, it's way to long with all the commercials and on field tactics like stepping out the batter box ect.

Watching baseball on tv is extremely boring at times.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this....if I am following baseball it is either at the stadium or on the radio. Baseball on TV is boring. When watching live it is more of a laid back social event, and on the radio it is totally on the personality of the radio announcer.

I grew up a Cardinal fan (still am actually). Back in my younger days some of the most fun I had following the Cardinals (on the radio....no FSN or other TV venue available to me back then) was listening to Mike Shannon talking to Bob Gibson (while both were drinking beer and showing it a bit) about their playing days during rain delays....

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think I've ever watched a full game of baseball. Honestly, I think I'd rather watch women's basketball or the Daytona 500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar