Speaking of Jumbotrons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Don, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

let me state for the record, ours suck.

the speakers in the north endzone are off, many of the lights are out, (who uses lights these days anyway?) and the screen is simply a puny joke.

Check out the jumbotron is Seattle. Baltimore is not too bad either.

Attached Files:

2. They have said they plan to upgrade ours in a few years, but yes it does suck compared to other new stadiums. Still, that's one reason why our stadium was relatively inexpensive (as NFL stadiums go).

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bud being cheap?

Baltimores screen is awesome I reckon.

4. Bud didn't pay for our stadium. Owners don't build their own stadiums, they convince cities and states to build it for them...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

thats very cheap.

who decides to upgrade and who pays for it? the city?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Cumberland Stadium Inc.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

the city would end up with the bill inevitably, but I think it is budgeted by the Nashville Sports Council, or Authority.

Kind of like when Bud installed all of the barricades that look like planters all around the stadium, and then sent the bill to Metro.

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Not always. Robert Kraft built his own stadium. Paul Allen paid for about a third of Qwest Field.

9. A few do. They are the exception to the rule, however...

10. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

i'd much rather see us(tax payers) upgrade the collisium then pay for a baseball park that isnt a sure thing by any means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar