Sounds too good...(relating to moss)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

"10. Titans bide their time.

The Tennessee Titans made the playoffs in 2007 despite a lineup with more question marks than the Riddler’s pajamas that had the little foot-thingees. With more than $30 million in cap space and glaring needs at receiver and defensive end (if/when Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy sign elsewhere), the Titans haven’t done much to upgrade their roster.

So how do they expect to get any better?

They need a game-breaking receiver to run under the missiles quarterback Vince Young is capable of firing downfield with a flick of the wrist. With that much cap space and Randy Moss looking for someone to give him a few million extra reasons not to return to New England, it’s surprising the Titans haven’t tried to work something out with him.

Indeed, in a division where there will be few if any defensive struggles, bringing in a field-stretch like Moss could be the ticket to lighting up the scoreboard, opening up the running lanes and enabling Young to reach his potential as a pocket passer. "

...dayymm..i want him...

Source - Y! Sports
    URL - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=packwithturnerinhandwarr&prov=tsn&type=lgns

2. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Its like I said.. its time to show the cash to Randy.. Hell and if he wants Cullpeper sign him too. Anything to get him in Nashville

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Moss, Crumpler, 1st or 2nd round pick on WR. That looks pretty good. That gives Vince some weapons.

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

problem is, is Tennessee where Moss feels they can move in the playoffs? I totally believe he wants money...but wants a ring to. I say do everything possible to get him, but we cant afford for him to disappear in games...you know playing Jax twice a year wont help...

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

brings back too many painful memories of when we took dyson over him. I still remember being in a college dorm at marietta, oh when we picked dyson....probably the worst draft decision we ever made.

6. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

atleast Dyson was decent and had potential...try living next to philly for the last 20 years and watching them as your NFC team...ya picking Freddie Mitchell in Rd 1 over some players that i dont even want to mention...but atleast 3 of the guys that followed him were/are pro bowlers. Wheres Freddie? Probably a trainer at an LA Fitness now.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

"Fred-Ex" - when it positively has to be out of the NFL by overnight.

8. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

This is from ESPN insider this morning....

Moss weighing options
    Randy Moss | Patriots | Interested: Broncos? Titans? Jets? Cowboys? Packers?

Moss, who has yet to accept a standing offer from the Patriots, is believed to listening to offers from several teams.
    The Packers have been mentioned as one possibility if QB Brett Favre decides to play another season. Other potential suitors include the Cowboys, Titans, Jets and Broncos.

The Patriots reportedly want Moss to take a discounted salary, similar to what he did prior to joining the team in 2007. But after a record-setting season (23 TD receptions), Moss is eager to test his market value, and doesn't appear to be in a hurry to make a decision on where he'll play in 2008.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The only reason we are mentioned is we have cap room. It won't happen.

10. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

I realy don't think Moss is the kind of person you want with a developing young QB like Vince. He is certainly a talent, but how much would he dominate Vince and beome to much the focus of the offence. Young needs a deep threat to open things up, but I am not sure Moss is the correct answer, rememer him in Oakland, not so good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar