Sound about right?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TackHammer56, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Unfortunately not getting blown up in The Dark Knight Rises.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd call BS but it is Pittsburgh and that sounds like how protected they are.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I remember that penalty now - hilarious. Wasn't it a blocked kick returned for a TD and your dumb@ss safety pushed the kicker in the back when the returner was already gone?

We beat the living hell out of the Steelers in 2008 (31-14), but everyone said the Steelers were better than us - even immediately after that game. The experts hate us, but love you guys for some reason. They have always loved you. I don't get it. You guys are legitimate now, but they always overhyped y'all. I remember after the first 3 weeks in the 2010 season, the Texans were #2 in the power rankings!!!! Lmao. ESPN jerks it to the Texans.

5. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

I can agree with the the love affair the media had with the Texans for the last few years.
    They fell for the ol "looks good on paper" thing. Which the Texans did. But I think the Texans are starting jell now. And "looks good on paper" is now "looks good on the field".

As far as the ranking goes. We were 7-3 when Schaub went down. So that #2 spot isnt that far off. Had we stayed healthy that #2 spot might have been to low.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

national media pimps for the eyeballs

they always love the big market/popular teams no matter how terruble they are

7. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

So you're saying in your case it's a double whammy?

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im saying cows make a good double cheesburger

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You misread what I said. They had you guys ranked #2 after a few games in 2010!!! The year you finished 6-10.

7-3 is good, but there were plenty of teams who were still better (Pats, Ravens, Packers, 9ers, Saints). Also keep in mind the Bears were also 7-3 before Cutler got hurt. You guys aren't the only ones with that issue. I'm expecting Foster to have a down year and AJ to rarely be on the field. I see another 10-6 season. Maybe 9-7. We will be right there with you. Or so I hope.

10. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Not to worried bout the Saints or the Ravens this year. With the Ravens missing Suggs I see their D going down hill. And with Flacco at QB....?
    Saints are pretty screwed up as well.
    As I've said before. If Titans can get through the first 5 or 6 games with a decent record you should do alright. But a one and six start isn't out of the question with your schedule.
    It's a real ***** !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar