Sorry- the offensive line is not an excuse.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

With that post, your putting all the blame on the O-line. I bet you feel great that CJ got to 100 yards today. Some of the pressure is alleviated from the CJ discussion..1/4 of the season is gone but he has only 199 yards on the ground, 1 rush for over 20 yards and 0 TDs.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

& from that post I can tell that you're actually happy that CJ is at that current pace and you would be happier if he got 900 yards instead of something like 1200 this year. :sad2:

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Team is 3-1 despite the lack of a running game for the first 3 games. Thats why I feel great.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

One thing I noticed especially today...Ringer always seems be the back while we're in the redzone, as well as most third downs. I wonder why, it's not like he's a bruiser that can pound it in. Maybe they feel like he's a better receiver? Anyone care to shed some light?

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Would you rather CJ have 15 yards? Just wondering...

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually I'm saying that regardless of the huge holes there are... CJ still looks pretty mediocre.

But you're his girlfriend. Don't remove those blinders.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The post you quoted goes for you too Obie. :kiss:

But no...I want CJ to get as many yards as he can...I hope he goes off for 200 yards per game for the rest of the year...and all the jock holders can come on here and have the last laugh. I actually feel sick when CJ runs the ball because chances are he goes for 3 yards or less.

CJ is averaging 2.9 yards per carry after four weeks. So lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is averaging 3 ypc...hand the ball off to him three plays in a row, chance are we punt the ball on 4th and 1.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

A lot of backs get hurt in the redzone. That would be my first guess anyway. Some teams do this. Maurice Jones-Drew, for example, was originally drafted as a goal line back and to spell Taylor in the redzone. Ringer has also showed a knack for getting in the endzone from time to time as well.

A player like Chris Johnson is less effective in the redzone anyway. I just wonder why Harper isn't used in the redzone. More of a power back and he has good hands.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

My mistake for thinking a 101 yard game isn't good anymore. I MUST BE BLIND.

You on the other hand, you see everything exactly as it is.

Why would I want to trade my girlfriend? That seems counter productive to my overall happiness. Doesn't it?

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Cj got his hundred yards in garbage time. That said he did look better. This should be a confidence builder for CJ and hopefully within the next 2 games he is back to his old self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar