Sorry- the offensive line is not an excuse.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

With due respect to Reinfeldt, I didn't like the way he handled CJ in the offseason.

I can't fathom how you promise to renegotiate a players contract the following season and then wait until the third preseason game to even make an offer. Reinfeldt knew this was coming well in advance, and every FO has to be prepared to deal with this situation. If Britt blows up next season and wants a new contract, will this be an acceptable way to deal with it?

That said, I don't blame Reinfeldt or CJ's holdout for CJ's struggles. CJ has been indecisive and the line hasn't blocked well dealing with defenses focusing more on the running game. It's as simple as that. IMO, can't blame that on a holdout. Maybe his conditioning, but also IMO, his conditioning hasn't been the big issue.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

23 for 101 and 4.4 AVG isn't respectable anymore? And I don't care about the garbage time nonsense. It's not CJ's fault the Browns suck.

It's threads like this one that make me wonder how I can be grouped into the same category of Titan Fan with Duece and some of you.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd prefer we be able to grind out the last six minutes of a game when we have a big lead. I don't consider that garbage time at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I don't think you can ever Truely say cj is a "non factor" ... He was a lot more consistent and actually gained yards today unlike the last 3 games where he did the Johnson shuffle behind the line.

Do I think he is performing at his highest level? Definitely not. But is he hindering our offense? ^no. 3-5 yards per run is keeping us on track.
    Is Chris Johnson the world beater he once was? Let's be fair... No.
    Is Chris Johnson still a threat for 3 years? I'd say so.
    Is Chris Johnson slower than he once was... It appears so.
    Did we overpay the greedy chump... You bet your ***. I wanted to trade
    homie. But hindsight is 20/20.
    But I can also look at the bright side.... Did we WIN?!

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Exactly. CJ was churning all game picking up positive gains of 4, 5, 6 yards and first downs.

I think he was stopped behind the line once all game and it was a poorly executed end around.

I get the feeling some fans here just like to hate on CJ. They complain he doesn't get 4 yards consistently. Then he goes out and doesn't get near as many -1 or 1 yard carries as we're used to and they still find ways to complain..

If CJ and the O-Line play like this every game, we'll be in good shape.

6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I will have to say I am with you on this. He is not the same, but he needs to be much better for all the crap he started. He should return his first three checks and keep half of the fourth.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We are 3 and 1 the reason there is 8 and 9 in the box is CJ period! Great win today glad to see the running game coming around some but this hating on CJ no matter I dont get. Did ringer look good? Think 8 and 9 in the box with CJ? CJ being there is helping us throw the ball. I am thrilled to be 3 and 1, with a beatable Pitt game before the bye. Go titans

8. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Johnson asked for money and forced the team into a bad situationn instead of taking what he agreed on originally. He did a little better today but no better than average against a mediocre run defense. Plus he has the advantage of a QB who throws a lot. Can you imagine him this year with dream team Vince?

The fact he drained money that could have been used to help obtain possibly better players, plus underperforming according to his pay raise, makes most folks harp on him rather than others.

Though it is hard to pass up harper and Amano.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah, Ringer looked like a stud :cool:

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Huge improvement over the first 3 weeks. Could he have played better? Sure.

...but he got yards within the flow of the game, put Hasselbeck in position to do the things he wanted, and the team won. I'm happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar