Sorry- the offensive line is not an excuse.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yeah, he was solid, I was just happy to see him get 100 yards at least, hopefully it's the start of good things to come for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

did you expect to see the same CJ we saw 2 years ago? I sure as hell don't

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Looks like a CJ tear down thread like any other week.

What we saw today was far from a breakout game, but with the way our run game has been, that would be a lofty expectation. What we saw today was a step in the right direction, however.

You never have anything positive to say for the guy. We all know he needs to improve, and today there was some improvement. He made a couple mistakes, but for most of the game, he took what he could get instead of dancing in the backfield. No dropped passes. Why is it so hard to say those things?

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I analyze. Can't help to pick out the things I see that need fixing.

We wouldnt have much to talk about otherwise. I'm not a jock rider that blows kisses at players from the stands.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yes Deuce.. but Chris Johnson is just 1 player out of many that need to improve. I don't see you making posts about the o-line, or receivers dropping balls, or defenders missing tackles. You've said that you don't jockride the "stars" on teams yet you only talk about the "stars" issues when he is only part of the team and only one of many that need to improve.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Makes for a boring topic to talk about some no name that needs to improve.

7. mud

mud Locker Fan Boy

Did he earn playmaker money today? no...

Did he earn elite Running Back monday today? yeah, any 100yd game in the NFL is a credible effort.

If he doesn't improve, then yes, the Titans overspent, but I don't think anyone expects CJ to stay that contained all season. CJ is still a good back, the just needs some work until he is a great back once again.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Especially when those no names didn't hold out and weren't offseason divas.

Nor are they making the same money, as crucial to the team, etc...

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Not really..every position on the team is important and we know every starters name. Don't see how that's boring to talk about someone like Ruud or Griffin or Amano needing to improve.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Prefacing that I thought CJ showed improvement today (although he still looks a bit tentative at times IMO)....

My guess is that DW is focusing on CJ because....well....he did not start practicing until one week prior to the first game, and, now, in week 4, he is still recovering from this lost time.

That said, he did catch the ball today, which was my pet pieve from last week, so that is progress. He also did seem to be a bit quicker today....although he is still a ways from his "playmaker" form IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar