Sorry- the offensive line is not an excuse.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I will be honest I often hate reading your post because of the negativity that's often in them. However, I honestly agree with some of this. I would hive-fived it if only you didn't say he forgot how to run.

He obviously can't forgot how to run, but you can definitely tell if you watch closely enough that he's not pressing the holes when they do appear.
    I noticed it a few times yesterday.

The offensive line definitely isn't opening up holes as consistently as they did in the pass, however when they do I'm sorry CJ needs to hit the hole and hit it hard. This is why he was so successful in the past when he recognized the hole opening he exploded through it. I just don't see that in him this year and hoping he will get back to it for the sake of the team.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Maybe he doesn't recognize the hole because he had forgotten what they look like.

It is like that with me and high school classmates....

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They're fine.

Not great, but not bad.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Wow that did not even sound right lmao

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I now know Deuce watches another Titans team out there on Sundays. WTF C.J. looked MUCH better, we won, shut up.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Much better?

And I'm just saying it's frustrating watching him tip-toe around now rather than hitting the jets.

7. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

CJ was far from perfect, he broke 100 yards and hopefully that is only the beginning of something great but he didn't look even close to his 2010/11 self. Those holes need to be run through.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i think he ran through a lot of those holes knowing that it'll result in a usual 3-4 yards.... about high time he stopped looking for the home run and just do what he does best..

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He'd have had a good game last week had it not been for those 2 idiots in the middle holding every other play. C.J. is fine, it's his blockers that suck. I do agree he could play a bit harder, but it's not him that's holding the ground game up. I'm excited to see if Hall's return sparks anything.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That is foolishly inaccurate and you know it. Ringer was getting creamed against the Browns, and the Broncos last week for that matter. So it's all on CJ, because the run blocking is fine. Right? No way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar