Son of "goTitans.com server update"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since the old thread died in the hack, I've started another to discuss recent events.

Last week, we moved to a new server. It's not yet optimized but we're already seeing significant speed increases.

On Monday, we updated the forum software and began to tweak the design a bit. We had things pretty close by Friday.

In the early hours this morning, we were hacked by someone who took advantage of a security exploit in the update we used. This exploit was discovered on Wednesday and I never received notice. The exploit was basically the coders adding a way for them to test the update quickly by getting fast access to the database's password.

So the hackers deleted the database which is why we've gone 10 days back in time to now. ;)

2. TitanJeff

There will be quite a few glitches so please report any you find in this thread.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

holy crap Jeff.

:notworth:

I've never seen a forum get hacked, deleted, and relaunch that quick!

that's $#@%^&* amazing!

check out Rich English Guy and his Trebuchet :brow:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-wVADKznOhY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-wVADKznOhY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

4. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Good job Jeff. Way to get the board back up!!

5. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I was very impressed with the minimal time it took to transition over to the new server, not so impressed with their security features ;)

6. TitanJeff

Actually, the problem was the forum software. My only beef with the host is we didn't set up the auto-backup last week.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

unacceptable!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Jeff, I really need to go further back.... say, maybe 1982? I need to change a few things. I'm thinking of moving to Nashville around 1987... looking forward to meeting you eventually.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nice work Jeff!

Rams suck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar