Something that just really annoys me......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is somewhat unrelated. But I was involved in a soccer incident, on the field.

I signed up to play 12 and under soccer as a 13 year old, not really knowing that I was an illegal player, and remember thinking to myself I couldn't possibly qualify for this team when I signed the paper, but the coaches said it was ok. So I played. It turned out that our team actually had several players who were 13. All very good. And all who went on to play Varsity soccer. At any rate, only about half our team was actually twelve and under.

So at end season we are like 16-0. Tournament time comes.

We show up the field to the play the second place team. And they refuse to take the field. It turns out their coaches are challenging our ages. They want to win by forfeit. The players on the other team defy their coach and take the field, cause they came to play, and they want to play, and they want to beat us on the field, and so we take the field, but the other coach refuses to let his team play and the referees refuse to set the game in motion either. Its get ugly between coaches and refs, and fans. Lots of heated arguments. The players just want to play. So the other team stands on the field with us like idiots while all this is going on. Deciding to change the course of events, we get a soccer ball and start playing with the other team. That goes well for all of 30 seconds. The refs and coaches break it up.

Eventually the field gets cleared of all players because it is impossible to play when a ref is taking the ball. Whatever. We walk off.

The Ref calls out the next set of teams to play. Saying our team is illegal and that we forfeit.

Some little kids take the field to play their game.

Now, I don't know how what happened next happened, but it did. But both teams from our forfeited game decide to stop all soccer play if we couldn't play our match. If we couldn't play nobody else could. It was like group think at its worst. Before you know it both teams had stripped the nets from the soccer field, and all hell broke loose. The fans, the older kids, the younger kids, the coaches, and pretty much the whole soccer league was on the field and it was like a living nightmare. Think Detroit vs. Indiana. Someone called the police, and their cars hit the dust covered parking raising up a thick cloud and sirens blazing. Some people were arrested, and some kids ran like hell. It was kinda dramatic. Like something from a movie. Strangely, I was able to just walk away and get a ride home with a parent.

And that was that. But it made for some wonderful memories all though highschool.

Anyway, there you go. I' not even sure how I feel about it. I know I was an illegal player, but it didn't feel like it, even to this day it doesn't feel like it, cause everybody was just having a good time until the incident broke out.

My other on the court incident occured in basketball: The basketball game I was in was getting really physical. People were practically being throw in and out of the lane. It was a big time rivalry and things were getting out of control. Anyway, I'm sitting on the bench, talking to my teammate about who we would try to take out from the other team if a brawl broke on the basketball court. We were half serious and half joking. Now let me get to the point of it, we were so engrossed in out plotting that when we turned around to look at the court the benches had cleared. Not because the players had gotten into it, but because our coach and other coach were now wrestling on the floor. Funniest thing ever. Both benches had cleared except for me and my teammate, who were still sitting there in complete amazement at what was happening. Everything subsided eventually and the game went on after a few players and coaches were ejected.

Ok, I have one more on court incident that I remember: A player from the other basketball team spit on the referee. Well, you can imagine that one thing led to the other. Anyway, the final result was that our team was awarded 23 technical Free Throws and game ended. I never saw anything quite like that before, but good times.

Anyway, that was for my enjoyment and trip down memory lane. Back to fairweather fans.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how many techs did he hit?

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

worst I saw was a first division soccer game in Inverness, Scotland. Fans came out of the stands, onto the field, and attacked the opposing teams goalkeeper.

As for the locals, I hated seeing all of those people leaving at halftime. It was more stupid all of the folks that left in the third quarter. They got home twenty minutes quicker. Must have had a load of laundry to do or something.

As for me, I stay until they end, no matter what. Haven't heard hit the road jack in quite some time now ...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

TitansCountry25, blame it on the rain. That is what made them file out. It was just a little sprinkle for a few minutes. The score was 8-16. Broken Record is correct... I did get in their earhole. Those who stayed behind with me applauded my actions. Makes me sick to think about it.

5. Ask them where they got their time machine. I'd like to get one...

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I stayed until the end- but come on- the people leaving had no bearing on Collins throwing bad passes and our receivers dropping the ball.

don't make the people leaving the whipping boy for your pride. Those folks paid admission to see a game- they weren't selected or appointed to be in the stands. They paid money- it is their choice. They don't live and breathe the Titans like most of us do. It appears they weren't entertained enough to stay. Take up the issue the team and organization.

The Titans are fielding a losing team and the other entertainment value of the LP field is two-bit. The schticks are all over 7 years old.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Another thing. Here is a quote from Gruden. He seems to understand what will turn fans sour:

"I'm not going to assess blame on myself publicly. I get enough of that when I'm walking out to my car. I didn't like it one bit. I have a lot of pride in what we do here. We work extremely hard," Gruden said. "To go out and get soundly defeated at home like we did is enough to make me sick. I've got a lot of respect for the fans who pay good money to come in here and watch the Buccaneers. To send them home like we did is something that makes me sick and humiliated."

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9658045

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wow. Does anyone imagine Fisher ever saying that?

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

[​IMG]

:brow:

I dont think so.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've got the DeLorean cranked up right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar