Something I heard on 103.3 before the game.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

On my way to the stadium last night, I got to listening to 103.3 as usual. They were talking about the chances of Los Angeles getting an NFL team. They said that the teams that they could land could be, #1 San Diego, or, #2 Buffalo. Someone said that they could be an expansion team, but that there was not enough talent available. Not enough talent available? Dis anyone else hear this?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i didn't hear that
    but i can see where an expansion wouldn't work
    32 teams (4 teams / 8 divisions) works
    36 could (6 teams / 6 divisions)
    33 teams ? nope

and the talent pool isn't quite as desolate as they would claim
    i'd say there's enough to fill another roster

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm not sure, the last expansion team they added still hasn't even had a winning season yet.

4. There's no way the NFL should expand again...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i see your point
    but it isn't due to lack of talent
    they got some quality seasoned guys in the expansion draft

that FO has screwed it up for them

oh wait ..... are you talking Texans or Browns ?
    doesn't matter - same answer

they've had as much opportunity to draft and FA dip as any of the rest of us

6. I agree, but they will. They are #$%# bent on making sure L.A gets a team. L.A has had, what, 2 teams in the past and they both stunk. I can't for the life of me understand what makes the NFL think another team will be any better. Its all about the :greedy:

7. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

LA will get a team, but it won't be through expansion. If I had to bet today, I'd say the Chargers will wind up there. Sucks as far as I'm concerned. LA doesn't seem to really even want a team, but you hear things like "Charger fans will still be able to see the team in LA."

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

LA is the second largest media market in the country, so they will get something. The problem with LA is (and always has been) that if the team is not a conference champion contender....nobody goes and ticket sales plummit. It happens evrywhere to some degree, but it is really bad in LA.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's what I thought when they were first left without a team, but it's been years now and the NFL is flourishing without them just fine.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I agree completely. "If it ain't broke...." But the NFL seems to think the "have" to have a team in the 2nd largest market.????????
    LA has an ego as well. It was the Anaheim Angels until they started to win, now it is the LA Angels of Anaheim, or something ridiculous like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar