Some say Fisher is one of the top coaches in the NFL But......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan1216, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher has always been extremely overrated. He's never done anything when a slight injury bug hits or the talent isn't top tier. He's usually the sole reason as to why we lose big games, and never adjusts after seeing it year after year after year.

He wouldn't have made it longer than 8 seasons with any other team in the NFL.

2. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

With the exception of Fat Albert, this is the same team as last year correct?

Maybe this team was on the decline last year but Fish's ability as a HC got the team to overachieve and he knew how to be a successful game planner.

But if you have the attitude of "what have you done for me lately" then the Titans loss of Fish will be another organization's gain (probably Dallas).

Wait and see. And don't forget when I tell you so.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I think the OP forgot John Gruden... Who got a pretty good team handed to him. You know, Derrick Brooks, Jon Lynch, Warren Sapp and the almighty Brad Johnson

4. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

And maybe us losing him will be our gain. To that I also say..in every major professional sport coaches change all the time and theres been plenty of times when a coach stunk it up on one team..and becomes successful with another. That doesnt always mean that had that particular coach stayed he would have still been successful. Sometimes change is good for BOTH parties involved.

5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Well without offering any evidence whatsoever, we will most certainly forget "you said so," big shot.

6. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

2. Forget Zorn. (Not hard.) How does Jeff Fisher still have a job? It's been 10 years since his team made its only Super Bowl appearance. He has a veteran team that is getting worse every week. He is 40-45 his past six seasons, and that's including the historic fluke that was the 13-3 Titans of 2008. He's not suddenly going to figure it all out late in his second decade in the league. (Only Brett Favre does that.) The guy has to go. Of course, you can't just fire a guy who has coached your team for 16 years. So I'm not advising anyone to start up FireJeffFisher.com. But maybe RespectfullyForceJeffFisherToResign.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/091019&sportCat=nfl

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Then I guess you didn't give it "too much" thought.

All those other coaches won with GREAT PLAYERS. The best players Jeff Fishers ever had were Steve McNair, Eddie George, and Bruce Matthews. And, the only Hall of Famer (or great player) in there is Bruce Matthews. And, no disrespect to Bruce Matthews, but you don't win Super Bowls when the greatest players you've ever coached is an Offensive Lineman.

Jeff Fisher may not have the greatest win/loss record in football. But, everything he's achieved he's achieved with good to very good players. But, he's never had great players at skill positions.

8. LanceB724

LanceB724 Camp Fodder

Holmgren- BS there was more to that team then FAVRE, Reggie White and that defense was sick, and who knows what Favre would be WITHOUT Holmgren and his unbelievable coaching staff that he picked (andy reid included).

Shanahan- He rode terrell davis NOT elway to those super bowls. And the main reason why davis was good was SHANAHAN'S zone blocking system.

Billick- NO matter how good a MLB linebacker is he's not going to personally lead you to a championship, billick's offensive play calling is what got them over the hump, i mean they had friggin Trent Dilfer as the QB you think trent was calling the plays at the line?

Belichek- Um dude the pats were really good last year with Matt Cassel. I think that says a lot about Belichek.

Dungy- IF you want to talk about babysitting with switzer, Jon Gruden Baby sitted tony dungy's Bucs to a superbowl. They don't call it the Tampa 2 cause of gruden...

Coughlin- No one is due a loss, especially not that friggin team, Coughlin gave them the confidence and the coaching to believe that they could beat the unstoppable.

Switzer-Well i can't defend him, he was good though, not as bad as you make him out.

U r probably the biggest Fisher apologist i've ever seen, congrats cool kid.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Um dude, I don't recall them winning the Super Bowl last year. Or, even going 13-3 like Jeff Fisher did, with Kerry Collins at quarterback. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar