Some observations from game 1 on offense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Posters point was that all these young QB's are out there making plays and that they are progressing while Jake is not. I'm saying that they are given much more opportunities to succeed and progress as players while Jake just gets to manage the game. All these other teams are in 2013 offensively while we are stuck in 1960, that is the major problem.

You put Locker on the 49'ers with that team and those offensive coaches and you'd see a much better player, but sadly for Jake he's on the Titans with a perpetual, archaic approach to offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. amy

amy Starter

In playing time, Locker is hardly a second year man. He will improve.

3. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Run Run Pass! Same as always! When Cj has a good run they continue to do the same thing resulting in negative yards on 1st and 2nd down. I really hope the open up the offense and get locker out of the pocket!

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True but this is still his 3rd year in the league. Even though he didn't start his first year he still went through NFL practices and was learning/working. I know he's had some bad luck with the injury last year and that sorry excuse for an OC. Still, even you and your infinite positivity should be able to admit that it's at least disconcerting that so many QBs who've been in the league for less time already appear to be miles ahead of our guy. Different situations and yada yada, sure. But at the same time I don't see him doing what Colin Kaepernick is doing if he were on the 49ers.

And sure he will improve. The question is, how much?

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I should say it's not like I think Locker is a bum. It's just that, based on what I've seen from him so far, I don't think he's going to live up to being a top 10 draft pick. I do think he can be pretty good though. And maybe/hopefully pretty good is enough for us to make some noise.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

My problem with Locker has always been and still is his ineffectiveness against the blitz! I've been preaching that on here since last season. Once teams figured that out last year he was terrible. He looked a little better this time but still no where near where he needs to be against it.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Making some noise is not good enough unless we have an elite defense. If we have a defense like we did yesterday throughout the season then he will be ok. If not were screwed. He is not the type of guy who can take over games. He is a glorified game manager at best. He will never be an elite qb but he can be top 15 which is still good enough to win superbowl with an elite defense.

8. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

Jake Locker has to play better. He didn't play bad, but I wouldn't call it good either.

Battle was excellent. I'm loving him so far and hope he see's a lot more carries this season.

Wright has to catch the ball. I hope and believe he will get it together.

Nate was on fire, I'm impressed.

I would like to see more pass plays, more play action and hopefully Britt will get involved.

Overall, its a win and I'll take any win against the Steelers!

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

not unfair to compare them at all IMO

RG3 vs Pitt last year

16/34, 177 yards, 1 TD. Rating 73

Andy Dalton

14/28, 105 yards, 1 TD 1 int, 56 rating
    24/41: 278 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, rating 59

Locker

11/20, 125 yards, 0 td o int, 74 rating

I copied that from another site because I thought it was interesting since everyone likes to compare Locker to other young QB's.

Everyone agrees that 125 yards and no TD's will not cut it, but is anyone REALLY expecting that stat line every week? I think its a bit unfair to even rationally try to explain how he is going to play that average against much worse defenses in the league this year.

If this is the best we can expect from Locker, then yes we are in trouble. However if this is the worst, I say we dont look so bad yet. Locker looked comfortable in the pocket until he was blindsided because the LT went to disneyland on one play, and it rattled Locker. Even the best of QB's can get rattled.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we play a tough houston d this week, will be a good test to see how well he has progressed and i like these tests in the beginning of the season because it shows what the team really has

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar