Solutions To Titans Problems And Will There Be Adjustments Made?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Run the ball efficiently. Do that and you can control the clock. Control the clock and your chances of winning are pretty damn high.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think we've gotta get away from the zone plays and start running some dives and power plays. It may require us to switch up our RB's but if we can become efficient at those plays we can mix in CJ and run some 2 back sets to improve our run game even more. Lots of teams use a 2 back system.

Our O-Line is getting blown off the line of scrimmage. We need to start using double teams and trap blocking to iso the DT's we need to move and hopefully get a fullback on a linebacker. If we can just keep the other guys from beating us to the point of attack we should pick up decent yardage. We're gonna need a back that isn't afraid of contact though. I actually would like to see if Harper could fill that role.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are about over your mancrush I see - lol

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think we've gotta get away from the zone plays and start running some dives and power plays. It may require us to switch up our RB's but if we can become efficient at those plays we can mix in CJ and run some 2 back sets to improve our run game even more. Lots of teams use a 2 back system.

Our O-Line is getting blown off the line of scrimmage. We need to start using double teams and trap blocking to iso the DT's we need to move and hopefully get a fullback on a linebacker. If we can just keep the other guys from beating us to the point of attack we should pick up decent yardage. We're gonna need a back that isn't afraid of contact though. I actually would like to see if Harper could fill that role.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We need a starting RB that isn't afraid of contact first and foremost.

I don't see either of our backups being afraid of it though.

Edit: From what I have seen of Harper he does seem timid with the ball..maybe its rookie nerves but he hasn't shown much of being a smash mouth power back.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm very curious about how a bigger more solid back would do.Sometimes i wonder if someone like Frank Gore or a Ray Rice would do in our backfield.Bottom line is CJ is not that big of a guy and truth be known all the blows and contact by now has to have worn him down because he doesn't have a big body like a Eddie George type back that we are used to having.

They need to put Ringer or Harper in and see how it goes.

I wish all along if we didn't keep Lendale then we should've gotten someone to replace him and let that be our main back and use CJ a certain amount of carries a game.If we used him the right way CJ could've been a Darren Sproles type back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you cant have hasselbeck and have cj be the playmaker.

Hasselbeck is not a game manager like Collins was. titans have to find a way to make this work using passing and running equally. right now Munchak and Palmer dont know how to do this. the other players also have to be on board. the Oline cant stop making holes for cj to run through just cause we have a good Qb now. And the WR's cant slack just cause they think CJ needs to be getting first downs.

Everyone seems to be depending on everyone else, they all need to do their jobs very well for this to work. Texans have found a way to balance both if they need to. they have a good OC.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Dude what do you even say anymore. Do you proof read anything you say?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't think Ringer is afraid, but he usually doesn't do much to move the pile. He's not a power back. I'm interested to see what Harper can do though. He's got the size and power but I agree that he looked timid in pre-season.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That's a bit much. We're not bad enough to lose 12 games in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar