Solomon bounces back quickly from surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When Titans defensive end Scott Solomon tore meniscus cartilage in his knee during Tennessee’s final preseason game last Thursday, it didn’t appear he’d have much of a chance to be on the field for Sunday’s season opener against New England.

But despite undergoing arthroscopic surgery on the knee, Solomon returned to practice for the first time on Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday.

“When you’re told maybe they could be back in 10 days, you kind of always question that,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “But he’s one of those guys that must be a quick healer and a lot of positive thinking, I guess. It’s great for him that he has a shot at suiting up and playing this weekend.”

Solomon, the Titans’ seventh-round draft pick last April, said he hated having to miss any time at all due to the injury.

“They said (I could recover in 10 days), so I did everything I could to rehab as fast as I can to get back,” Solomon said. “Hopefully I’ll be able to play. It will be a game-time decision. But at this point … I feel good.”

Source: Titans Insider

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

thats awesome. gotta love the effort

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He knows if he misses significant time, he's gonna get forgotten about and passed by.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

have you seen our DEs? past Morgan and Wimbley we have jack. Solomon isn't losing time to anyone.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that doesnt mean anything. we will probably have better depth next year and in order for him to stand out its easier for him to do it this season.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

EGBOH! lol

7. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

I think I like Soloman, anyone seen his power clean video, Im not an expert on weightlifting but judging by everyones reaction, Im pretty sure that its really good. And no the weight room doesn't necessarily equate on the football field, but the hard work and dedication needed, should turn him in to a solid player.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

eh....that was pretty sloppy but he did get the weight up there I guess.

I have always thought the power clean was a great football workout, much more practical than bench IMO. When I played high school ball, I screwed by back up doing them. Had a nice bruise along my spine for a few weeks.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dawson, Egboh, and pretty much everyone is better than Solomon, he's in trouble if he misses weeks. He's gonna get left behind and he knows it. But good for him for trying so hard, can't hate him for that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Where do you come up with some of this stuff. First of all if he rushes out there when he isn't ready guess what? He plays like crap in his few reps and exactly how does that help him? He isn't motivated to get back because he is afraid he will get passed up on the depth chart but he just wants to play football. Most all players rehab to get back as fast as they can. That is nomal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar