Sold Out Stadium

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Parking Lot B, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

We are favorites to win the division and if they don't win the division, I will lose a few mortgage payments.

That's why tickets this season are more expensive.

I've had someone offer me $500 a seat for my seats this year.

I am front row, end zone.

I gave my club seats to my gf's parents this weekend but could have sold them for $300-$400 each

Don't worry, they are Titans fans :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

now that i respect. If I had psls no way i would ever sell to an away fan

3. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

We went regularly and frequently from the early 90s through about 10 years ago and then it tapered off. We probably haven't been downtown 10 times in the past 10 years aside from going to Titans games. Even then, we usually park on the East Nashville side of the interstate.

I appreciate the growth, I really do, but geez. Some Nashvillians can lighten up on the "Oooohhh, look at US! Aren't we special?" crap. Lower Broad has never been mistaken for a MENSA gathering but the last few times I went it was nothing but throngs of drunk tourists and businesses that were not much more than tourist attractions and they were charging crazy prices. Seemed like a tacky imitation of Vegas.

Oh well. Getting off of my soapbox. I agree with whoever said that DT is a bit of a cluster.

4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You nailed it. The great offerings of DT (the sports facilities, symphony, etc.) are completely overshadowed by the touristy segment. Broadway is arguably the worst bar strip in the US, taking quality and price into account. Nothing but loud obnoxious tourists, bachelorette parties, horrific music, and virtually nothing to offer the folks who actually live within the city.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If this were Kansas City, and not Nashville... then there might not be "AS MANY".... but seeing how Nashville is a major tourist attraction for country music & etc, you'll see alot of neon green and etc..

However, I personally hope this is like the GB game of last year -- flooded with YELLOW but by end of third qtr, most of the yellow was gone....

We need to make these kind of statements in order to take this stadium back -- you hit the big teams in the mouth, and embarrass them in front of a "traveled well crowd" and they will stop coming in herds -- the lingering effect of "the titans are an easy game" is still around and we need to boot it out the door.

Then, and only then, will the 2 for 1 mind set [1. trip to a very popular tourist city & southern food outlets 2. a winning football game, probably for a cheaper price than in SEA - or wherever.] fly the coop when opposing fans see the Titans on the schedule.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Downtown Nashville this weekend

IMG_5408.JPG
    IMG_5409.JPG

7. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

It certainly beats Lower Broad in the '70s when the biggest problem wasn't the tourists but rather the hookers. I'll take tourists pouring millions into our economy any day of the week.

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Uh, they offer millions in tax revenue that we don't have to pay for. We're not much different than Vegas or New Orleans. Locals don't go down to the Strip or the French Quarter but both places keep the city from having to raise funds elsewhere.

9. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I got two goal line front row seats for 250 each for the MNF game this year. Not sure if that spot sucks or what but it seemed very cheap lol

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Where is that showing? Public transport? I think the city is raking in plenty of money elsewhere without alienating locals. Nashville needs some sort of personality in the heart of the city that locals can identify with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar